Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
We noticed that the large, hanging menu boards have been removed and replaced with a single, small price list on the counter.  Maybe this is where they plan to put the CT cookie shop?

Attachments

• IMG_20171029_140233.jpg
    IMG_20171029_140233.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20171029_140257.jpg
    IMG_20171029_140257.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
I wish they would bring back the spiraled potatoes. Another park food I wish we had was kettle corn......not the pre packages crap the park pushes but fresh made like Hersheypark does.....people line up every day in long lines for that stuff and you get a massive bag for like $9.

I thought that park did make their own kettle corn. It is still pre-bagged i guess so maybe not that fresh. I miss the fresh cotton candy. The crap they have in bags now is not the same. The used to use Victors cotton candy floss, they are the best. On a side not, sprinkling popcorn with cotton candy sugar floss is delicious.

Reactions: RollyCoaster
Sesame place has had fresh made kettle corn at their holiday event in recent years, and it is spectacular. Looks like a local PA vendor, but I would be thrilled to see a larger scale version of that operation at a BG park.

For context, that kettle corn is good enough to make Knoebels kettle corn taste decidedly second-rate.

I bought a bag at BGW a couple years ago just because I really was in the mood for some and it was the most stale tasting crap ever. I really think they would sell a ton of cotton candy too if it was being made fresh, the smell and visual of them making it is what sells.

I think BGW should come up with their own signature in park item like Knobels funnel cakes or Hershey's Kennel Corn (Happy note to all, it's getting moved outside the gate so you can get it any time).

My family used to have an authentic hand rolled pretzel business, and I tell you what; BGW comes the closest. If you think Auntie Anne's is good, you are basically eating buttered up bread. BGW if you would like help on this gimme a call. I got the history. Soft pretzels, pretzel dogs, cheese infused pretzels (not to be confused with cheese stuffed), hard pretzels, pretzel bites. I can still hand roll 100 an hour too.

I remember buying fresh cotton candy from a small stand directly across from Marco Polo's Marketplace's checkout area not too many years ago - between the gelato stand and Bella Casa. Is that gone now?

BGW still makes fresh kettle corn, however, they bag it immeadiately and hold on to it till it sells or expires, during CMT they cook it between the restrooms and dashers pizza buffet.

they used to have 3 fresh cotton candy stands (england, germany, italy) but over time the park stopped making it fresh in favor of pre-packaged. in the case for englands stand it was ripped out in favor of union snacks. the stand in germany and italy are still relatively vacant, germanys is between the sirbrush stand and carroussell, italys is by the gelato stand

BGW still makes fresh kettle corn, however, they bag it immeadiately and hold on to it till it sells or expires, during CMT they cook it between the restrooms and dashers pizza buffet.

they used to have 3 fresh cotton candy stands (england, germany, italy) but over time the park stopped making it fresh in favor of pre-packaged. in the case for englands stand it was ripped out in favor of union snacks. the stand in germany and italy are still relatively vacant, germanys is between the sirbrush stand and carroussell, italys is by the gelato stand
But not once did I see that Kettle Corn cart open. I do remember seeing it in operation last year.

I remember buying fresh cotton candy from a small stand directly across from Marco Polo's Marketplace's checkout area not too many years ago - between the gelato stand and Bella Casa. Is that gone now?

Oh yeah, long gone for at least two seasons. The structure is still there , but with nothing in it. The stand in England was eliminated when they put in the Coke stand.

Reactions: jornor and Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad