Is there a vacuum system for DarKastle

• YES

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • NO

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2010
This thread/Topic was started in another thread and it would be more appropriate to talk about it here...Theres a rumor going around that Dark Kastle has a generator strong enough to power the entire park but is only use for a vacuum system to keep the screens in place.

RE: Dark Kastle Vacuum System?

Does anyone have solid evidence to prove or disprove it.

Don't need evidence to disprove a rumor. As far as evidence, the park likely only keeps a generator big enough to power emergency systems for the attraction. They are plugged into the power grid after all. Consider the rumor destroyed.

Its not a rumor. You all can refer to it as that but i know what i was told by the Dark Castle engineers. Take the tour and prove me wrong.

Austin said:
Its not a rumor. You all can refer to it as that but i know what i was told by the Dark Castle engineers. Take the tour and prove me wrong.

I'm fairly certain that the screens employ no vacuum at all and are just on a frame. Think of a screen at a movie theater. There aren't gigantic generators used vacuum theater screens to their shape.

This "DarKastle engineer" was wrong. Listen to Newsie, he/she knows what he/she is talking about. (Man, I hate not knowing people's genders.)

Swiftman said:
This "DarKastle engineer" was wrong. Listen to Newsie, he/she knows what he/she is talking about. (Man, I hate not knowing people's genders.)
It's a he ;)

As to what Chris was saying, that's exactly how they are mounted.

It seems there are three parts to this rumor.... 1. That theres a vacuum system even in existence in Dark Kastle, 2. That if there is a vacuum system that it would require a generator capable of powering the entire park, 3. That it costs Thousands just to operate this generator.

I just had confirmation from a DK team member there are no vacuums whatsoever for the ride except for cleaning.

Well first off, there IS in fact a complete vacuum system in DarkKastle, it is not only to protect the very, very thin screens and keep them in place but it is also used for the "air blast" special effect near the end of the ride. Secondly, the generator that powers the the vacuum system is NOT big enough to power the entire park, but there are back-up generators that do have the capacity to power the most important rides/attractions incase of a power interuption, which are not located anywhere near DarkKastle. I unfortuantly can not release how I know some info that others do not, but please believe I know some facts. 12 MORE DAYS TILL PREVIEW!!!!

VA_Coaster_Nut said:
Well first off, there IS in fact a complete vacuum system in DarkKastle, it is not only to protect the very, very thin screens and keep them in place but it is also used for the "air blast" special effect near the end of the ride. Secondly, the generator that powers the the vacuum system is NOT big enough to power the entire park, but there are back-up generators that do have the capacity to power the most important rides/attractions incase of a power interuption, which are not located anywhere near DarkKastle. I unfortuantly can not release how I know some info that others do not, but please believe I know some facts. 12 MORE DAYS TILL PREVIEW!!!!

THANK YOUUUUUU! Finally

VA_Coaster_Nut said:

Vacuum would not be used for air blasts, pneumatics/air compressors would. Also, how do vacuums protect the screens, and what required them to be very, very thin (more so than any movie theater screen), out of genuine curiosity?

Chris said:
Vacuum would not be used for air blasts, pneumatics/air compressors would. Also, how do vacuums protect the screens, and what required them to be very, very thin (more so than any movie theater screen), out of genuine curiosity?

This.

Im just going off of what a four year member of the ops team for that ride told me :rolleyes:

Another thing I believe the vaccums are for, I may be wrong, but there is a layer of somthing, I forget wat its called, but it helps give the screen more glow, better picture quality. The vaccums help hold it on I think. Im not positive.

I know for a fact that the screens are not thin. You can tell just by looking at them. A typical screen of that sort tends to be fairly THICK. They would have to be fairly thick so as to distribute the frame's shape to create a curve. You ought to realize that what you're saying just makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. I think it's time to let this one go...

Well the reason I say they are used for the "air blasts" is because all the duct work, ventilation and pressure hoses from the vacuum system are connected. Why else would they run to where the "air blasts" are located?

Fur Dozy said:
I know for a fact that the screens are not thin. You can tell just by looking at them. A typical screen of that sort tends to be fairly THICK. They would have to be fairly thick so as to distribute the frame's shape to create a curve. You ought to realize that what you're saying just makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. I think it's time to let this one go...

Did I understand that correctly? Hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad