Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 7, 2012
I have an old Dark Kastle Souvenir Cup from like 2008. Could I still use at Busch Gardens for the discounted refills?

RE: Dark Kastle Souvenir Cup

I've been using the one from 2005, the employees on soft drinks really don't pay much attention.

RE: Dark Kastle Souvenir Cup

B.Mac said:
I've been using the one from 2005, the employees on soft drinks really don't pay much attention.

Does it really matter what year is printed on the refill cups? I asked several employees and they said no. But is that really correct? I have cups from 2010 & 2011 and haven't had problems.

I think the question still stands. The employees probably "don't pay much attention" or care, but my question is about the park's policy. Not a big deal, just curious.

Park Policy: Refill any cup bought from SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment at snack stands, restaurants, or gift shops for .99 cents.

Employee Policy: Follow park policy occasionally.

Exception to this rule: Buy Howl-o-Scream souvenir cup or mug and get FREE refills on soda and Icees all Howl-o-Scream, this year only.*

*I think the park is testing this out to see how harmful it can be if they gave free refills vs. .99 cent refills. Perhaps we can see more of a permanent change with this.

Party Rocker said:
Employee Policy: Follow park policy occasionally.

From my experiences it's more of "what park policy?" unless a manager is around or someone higher up is doing a check-in. The employees don't really mind it from what I've witnessed and even some of the managers were starting to warm up to the laxness last year (one even told me he remembered when those cups were being sold, and then refilled it for free!).

You have no idea how much profit the park makes off of soda anyways, the amount of soda syrup that goes into a souvenir refill is only worth like 5 or 6 cents yet they charge a dollar. Coca Cola only cares about the shipping to the park and getting paid for the syrup (the 5-6 cents) and anything else goes straight into the park's earnings. It's basically the same price arranging stuff that keeps the Fast Food industry afloat.

EDIT: Then take a look at the regular soda being sold for $3, even more profits are coming off of that.

I have one, but I rarely bring it to the park. I hate having to carry it around all day. But hey. .99 cents beats $3.

And bg sodas are alot cheaper than the movie theatres soda ;)

Reactions: Party Rocker
Some snack stands will hand you the cup, and they don't monitor if you actually fill it up with water, so if your ever a bit low on change and need a sip, although my only disclaimer to this is I am not advocating it, but they can afford it.

Party Rocker said:
Some snack stands will hand you the cup, and they don't monitor if you actually fill it up with water, so if your ever a bit low on change and need a sip, although my only disclaimer to this is I am not advocating it, but they can afford it.

I thought discussing illegal activity was against the rules.

Reactions: Shane
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad