Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ice

Coffee is for Closers
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
Something interesting a friend brought up today.

One day possibly seeing the incorporation of biometrics into ride vehicles, that way the intensity of the ride can be varried per the audience. Say the ride reads a bit too intense based off of biological signals (ex, high heartrate), the ride vehicles could tone down the motion to fit the less thrill seeking riders. Next ride is a bunch of enthusiasts who are showing "boredom" off of biological signals (ex no increased heart rate), maybe up the juice a little and have it go a little more intense.

Some consideration of having this decide the ride experience entirely. Two different paths. One scary, one family friendly. Same introduction to"test the waters", with biometrics to determine the ride experience.

Just thought it was interesting when someone brought it up.

Last edited:

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Maybe they should look at facial recognition to help make those distinctions so that it doesn't tone down the experience for those that are entertained?

As a rider, it'd be great to not lose any intensity just because I'm excited and my heart rate goes up.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
It does sound cool and I could see someone like Disney/Universal jumping on it. My luck, the ride would sense I had a bad burrito for lunch and tone stuff waaaaay down.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
It does sound cool and I could see someone like Disney/Universal jumping on it. My luck, the ride would sense I had a bad burrito for lunch and tone stuff waaaaay down.

Or maybe the ride would automatically take you to the privvy to relieve yourself...

Mar 16, 2016
Hersheypark intended to do with with a Mack Spinning coaster that was going to surround the lower half of Kissing Tower at one time. You would wear a finger clamp that took your pulse and the ride would react to keep passengers heart rates at an elevated level.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad