Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Since increasingly we have seen people asking for and reporting on crowd levels at BGW, we thought we should start a thread, where people can post the conditions they are seeing at the park.

Feel free to post any weather, security, or other unfolding events, as you see fit, as well.

We encourage everyone to update this thread, whenever you are at the park, as a community service.

If you have a question about future, predicted crowd levels, the Future Crowd Levels is probably the best place to ask it:

Last edited:
Nicole said:
Pretty much.  Crowdsourcing is what the kids dig these day.  Or so read in the Washington Post.

I seem to recall reading that in a paper somewhere... Or maybe in a thesis someone wrote... <.< >.>

Reactions: Nicole
Kyle said:
April 22: England Parking was entirely closed for busses only. Beginning of the day was an absolute nightmare due to several school groups.

And the crowded Saturdays nightmare begins....

Drastic change from last Saturday. There were only 3 charter busses and a large RV when I left at 2 p.m.

Great idea for a thread. May I suggest a standard for reporting "level of crowdedness"?

Crowd level 1: Practically deserted, or way less than normal. Expect rides to be walk-on. Can just about pick any seat at shows. Employees practically outnumber guests. Danger of park closing early.
Crowd level 2: Lighter than average. Shorter than normal ride wait times. Easy to get around, and very enjoyable park experience.
Crowd level 3: Average, nice sized crowd. Ride wait times 15 minutes or so (3-5 ride cycles).
Crowd level 4: Heavier than average, getting towards not worth it. Normal lots getting full. Ride lines 30 minutes plus. Regular park goers skip going because it's too crowded.
Crowd level 5: Overflow parking. Shoulder to shoulder on the paths. Forget rides or food because the lines are ridiculous. Get me out of here.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad