Daily Crowd Updates & Park Status

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 24, 2018
I'm hearing that today was a record attendance day for the food and wine festival.

Mar 31, 2014
I can believe it set a record. The only time I’ve seen it as crowded was Saturday Hallowscream. Bavaria parking looked pretty full when we headed out around 5:30.

Reactions: BenWilkerson
Apr 22, 2012
Virginia
Yeah I was stupid enough to go. We went early enough where the lines weren’t bad. Loch Ness was in the switch backs, Griffon was taking the whole queue, Verbolton was almost the whole queue, and Alpies line wow.....actually in the maze of wood switch backs. Busy day for sure.

Oct 7, 2011
I’ve never seen so many people doing Food & Wine. Lines everywhere at the booths yesterday, absolutely all day. I’m not sure how the park could do any better than they did, in terms of volume moved for the resources currently allotted. Nearly every booth seemed slammed all day long. Hugely popular. Not until after 9pm did I see even one walk-up booth. And everything I tasted was great.

I stayed until close, and the crush of cars leaving the lots at 10:30pm was like nothing I have ever seen at the park. Folks remained for absolutely as long as they could, and IMO would have stayed longer if it were possible. Made me miss the days of the midnight close.

Just want to say: I had a terrific day at the park yesterday. Yes, crowds were heavy and lines were longer. And yes, it made me wistful for the guest counts early in the week. But for any park to remain so thoroughly enjoyable on a peak day is extremely impressive. Hats off to BGW.

Oct 7, 2011
All depends on your perspective. I was in a mood for the slower stuff after binging on rides Friday, so the lines didn’t matter much. Can’t remember the last time I spent more time strolling and admiring than thrill-marathoning. But it was great.

Ending the night with a half-dozen pitch black backseat rides on Apollo restored a bit of balance. Still the best ride in the park.

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Oh... I do not like massive crowds. Normal day to day crowds do not bother me, but the wall to wall crush of people that you often see at xmas town really triggers my anxiety. Weird when you consider that I used to almost crave the pit at the boathouse.

Oct 7, 2011
I can’t take the solid mass of humanity that shows up to (e.g.) the Six Flags haunt events at night. Or the Magic Kingdom on almost any day, even during the “light” season (LOL). It’s just impossible to get anywhere or do much of anything. But if the scuttlebutt is accurate and yesterday was the most crowded BGW is ever allowed to get on a summer day... well, it was totally manageable. It really was.

You know what it reminded me of... nearly every BGW visit during the 80s and early 90s. Huge crowds, only 2-4 major roller coasters. A half-hour wait or more was just what you committed to regularly.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad