Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 24, 2009
Fix me if I'm wrong but I couldn't find a thread about this ride in general.. Feel free to post questions, concerns, or comments on the ride here!

I noticed today right when you enter the build you come to a set of automatic doors that say to wait behind the yellow line for the doors to open. Then I thought about what if the room with the video projector preview was a pre show where a limited amount of people come in. Then I noticed a "gate" when you walk into the stable room that has sensors to make sure no one is under it when it closes. Did this ride use to do a pre show type orientation? Can anyone confirm what I'm putting down?

Yes, there was a pre-show. Groups would be ushered into the room with the moving tapestry, see the story of mad Ludwig, then a faux wall would slide up and the group would be ushered into the stable.

To improve flow, I believe for the ride's second season, the pre-show was changed to it's current state (tapestry story running every few minutes automatically, queue bars added to the tapestry room, both sets of doors always open).

Yeah, thats after the 2006 update, also a couple of the scenes were changed too.

Yep. The escaping Ludwig scene right after the fireplace used to be a ballroom scene. There also used to be fog resembling fire in the fireplace .

Haberdasher1973 said:
To improve flow, I believe for the ride's second season, the pre-show was changed to it's current state (tapestry story running every few minutes automatically, queue bars added to the tapestry room, both sets of doors always open).

Had they constructed dual rooms for a pre-show then it would have worked wonders for the attraction.

Reactions: Youhow2
Well lets hope when this attraction losses popularity and theres less of a line, they restore back to pre-2006 update.

ScoutN said:
Haberdasher1973 said:

Had they constructed dual rooms for a pre-show then it would have worked wonders for the attraction.

What pisses me off is that they still can. They made a huge deal about using digital projection so they could easily and quickly change video content. Change the video. Make it into two. Get rid of that last hallway going into the preshow by constructing another preshow. Give me my fire back.

And I want to fall down the stairs again.

Ok, I'm posting it. It's extremely low quality and I have no clue where I found it or who to credit it to, but here it is.

Original Pre-Show | Original POV

Please don't upload it to YouTube- someone deserves credit for it and that person isn't you or I. Also, if the person who filmed it ever sees this and wants it removed, let me know (PM, Twitter, or Email) and I'll pull it ASAP.

^That is awesome! You don't realize how much you miss, like I was wondering why they went from a garden in the video to inside a cave.

Swiftman said:
Great find, CastleOSullivan!

AMAZING FIND! I Always wanted the video of this ride! Its weird to see how much it has changed over the years!

Im sure they didn't rehire. But it's probably in their contract that they must be available for a certain number of years to add voice work. They would still be paid.

I know that it's not uncommon nowadays for film actors to record various versions of movie lines for edited or content-censored versions of movies. It makes sense that, if Busch intended to change up the DK ride experience now and again, they would have recorded some alternate lines for that.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad