Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm hearing whispers that we could see some love given to DarKastle before opening day this year. Nothing is concrete yet, but it sounds like we could very well see the return of the preshow and maybe even some of the effects that we've all been begging for. If true, it's nice to see the park maintaining their existing rides again instead of letting them suffer like we have seen happen to DarKastle over the last few years.

Swiftman said:
I'm hearing whispers that we could see some love given to DarKastle before opening day this year. Nothing is concrete yet, but it sounds like we could very well see the return of the preshow and maybe even some of the effects that we've all been begging for. If true, it's nice to see the park maintaining their existing rides again instead of letting them suffer like we have seen happen to DarKastle over the last few years.

It could be that since Verbolten has so many special effects, they may start to work on keeping all the special effects working throughout the park. DarKastle especially since it is like Verbolten, it has many special effects and many of them really add to the experience.

Plus, they could also just maintain the special effects every couple years or something like that.

That is true, but before Christmas Town started, did they maintain the special effects? Also, if they are adding special effects back due to proper maintenance during Christmas Town, they could just be showing to people why they had it closed, to add special effects back. It would make the park look a little better to open an old ride again with special effects added back from previous years.

Next step, get LNM's special effects back.

It's good to here that the preshow and the rest of the ride elements are being restored. I also can handle the blowing warm air.

Won't the line get super long having the preshow? I thought that's why they took it out? Anyways, im glad to hear they added the effects back! Woooooooo!

Now let's add the back to Nessie please.

Reactions: Coasterguy154
No. As long as the pre-show moves people through at the same rate the ride does, it will not slow things down. Think of it this way (all numbers are 100% fake made up):

Let's say the ride loads 10 people per minute and the show holds 10 people and takes 1 minute, there are 100 people in line
Without Pre-show:
100 people/10 people per minute = 10 minutes to serve that line.

With Pre-show:
Total time =
1 preshow (the first group has to see the show before they can board, but successive groups watch the show while others board the ride.
+ total number of people/Min(show rate, ride rate)
= Min(10 per minute, 10 per minute) = 11 minutes...but this minute is because the first group had to see the pre show before the ride could start serving people, over the course of the day this adds practically nothing since people aren't arriving at a rate fast enough to start queuing for the pre-show until a little later.

Essentially, as long as people are going through the preshow faster than people are going through the ride, no it shouldn't make a (significant, since if a pre-show just started that wasn't 100% utilized, and you have to wait for the next one, the average wait increases slightly) difference unless there are no lines at all, then it would take longer til you board, but no big deal there in my opinion. Also, if the preshow processes people much faster than the ride, this insignificant difference becomes even more insignificant.

Sorry for mixing in network type words into this, but that's the application i've studied queue theory with.

Well it's interesting this is happening (for me) because I was never able to experience the first Darkastle, being that I used to be deathly afraid of thrill rides and coasters (that all changed after experiencing the first drop on Apollo's). I have only experienced the new one without the special effects. However, I am confused on one part about this rehab. You said they are getting the pre show back, but when I went on it over the summer, there was an entire pre show in the room right before the loading dock. Can someone explain? Otherwise, it is very exciting that Curse is getting it's mojo back.

Reactions: CarterGee
It was nice because when it was time to watch it, it would be quiet. Now you can barely hear it.

Yeah I worked DarKastle as a ride attendant the first year it opened. As long as the cast members are on top of getting preshow loaded and started, the line won't get long. It's when cast members take their sweet time closing the door between preshow and the loading area that makes the line long.

I'm glad to see thay are bringing back the effects. I wonder if the waterfall will return. I dont think I seen it run in a couple of years.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad