Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 24, 2012
I will be making my first trip to BGW since it opened in 1975 Sunday April 29th. What kind of crowds can I expect? Any tips for a Sunday at the park?

coasterdad said:
I will be making my first trip to BGW since it opened in 1975 Sunday April 29th. What kind of crowds can I expect? Any tips for a Sunday at the park?

Sundays are slow until Memorial Day. Saturdays can be crowded if the weather is nice. Fridays can be crowded if there are a lot of school trips scheduled.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about how the park has changed.

Really before 12 or 1 pm, it is not crowded... The park does close at 8pm on Sundays... Usually it doesn't get too crowded on Sunday afternoons either

I've been the past three fridays (April 6, 13 and 20). The 20th was the lowest crowd day I have ever seen. Every ride was a walk-on with the occaisional wait for the next car. The 6th and 13th were more crowded, but consiering those were spring break days, it really wasn't bad. Sundays have historically been very good days to go, especially in the spring. Last year we went on Mother's Day and it was a very low crowd day.

Celticdog said:
The 20th was the lowest crowd day I have ever seen.

You should have been there Sunday :p

6b83d1a88c9a11e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Thanks for the tips! I will let you know with a TR and my perspective on how BGW is now. Anyone know where or how I can get discounts this time of year?

Ming Ming Duckling said:
Wendy's supposedly has a $15 off coupon, and http://retailmenot.com has some online coupons as well.

I tried retailmenot and found nothing. Can someone from the area confirm that Wendy's has discount tickets this time of year?

Most fast food joints will carry free coupons if you look in the right places. I know Farm Fresh does a deal with the park if you bring their plastic bags to the park (not sure if they're doing that deal this year though with the chain focusing more on reusable bags & recycling).

Thanks for all your help so far. Since I'm not familiar with the area, is there any way someone can confirm stores and/or locations to get discount coupons?

I'm truly looking forward to your trip report. Make it as detailed as possible; I want a good read :D

RE: Crowds This Time of Year ( 4th of July 2012)

:huh::huh::huh:

I am planning to go to BGW for the day on 4 July 2012. I have already ordered the buffet picnic deal / fireworks watching.

However, I have some questions ...

1. I don't want to get to the parking kiosks and be told, "Gee, the park is closed due to crowding. You can't redeem that dining coupon to see the fireworks. Have a nice day".

So, what time does the park reach capacity on the Fourth of July ?

I have a pass for Colonial Williamsburg and want to see what they do, at least sometime in the morning and maybe just after lunch and then go to BGW.

But I don't want to get locked out of the park. I can't remember the fine print on the buffet picnic / fireworks viewing but I have a hunch there is some sentence in there that says we don't have to honor the coupon if we deem it necessary for any reason we can come up with.

2. If I bring my own cup, can I fill up at water fountains or is that not allowed. Three dollars for a 20 ounce bottle of water is a bit much in my book.

Thanks.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad