Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 27, 2019
I'm contemplating a trip (my first) to BGT in early February. My flight would land at about 9:30 AM on a Friday. The park is open until 6 PM that day, so I would likely have about 7.5 hours in the park. The next day, Saturday, the park is open from 10 AM - 8 PM, so I could have up to 10 hours. Are crowds significantly smaller on Fridays than Saturdays, such that I would have a better experience on Friday despite the shorter hours? I don't have a ton of patience for waiting in ride lines. Are there any experiences at BGT that make it worthwhile to go on a day when the park is open after dark?

Thanks in advance!

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I'm contemplating a trip (my first) to BGT in early February. My flight would land at about 9:30 AM on a Friday. The park is open until 6 PM that day, so I would likely have about 7.5 hours in the park. The next day, Saturday, the park is open from 10 AM - 8 PM, so I could have up to 10 hours. Are crowds significantly smaller on Fridays than Saturdays, such that I would have a better experience on Friday despite the shorter hours? I don't have a ton of patience for waiting in ride lines. Are there any experiences at BGT that make it worthwhile to go on a day when the park is open after dark?

Thanks in advance!
Honestly, 7 and a half hours is probably plenty of time. Especially during February and with the already decreased tourism. My only concern would be if there is a problem with your flight then it would cut into your time and then you might not have enough time.

Reactions: Mr. Mastodon Farm
Mar 18, 2017
I haven't been there, but my usual rule is never go to an amusement park on Saturdays. Of course you already know there will be a difference, it's just a matter of how much. It can be very substantial. Of course there are exceptions, such as weather -- bad enough on Sat or too bad another day --, or just going the extended hours on Sat.

As to worth experiencing in the dark, every coaster.

Reactions: Mr. Mastodon Farm
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad