Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 22, 2013
Tampa, FL
www.wdwtourcompany.com
According to a park employee I spoke to, Timbuktu Theater is going to be home to a new live performance, including animals.

Pirates 4D just closed down after a short revival, although it's not clear if it was due to this rumored new show, issues with effects in the theater, or just because summer crowds aren't warranting the use of the theater.

Personally, a third live show with animals (Iceploration and Critter Castaways are already doing that) doesn't seem all that likely. But I wanted to pass along what I've heard.

Article posted here as well: http://bgtfans.com/2013/pirates-4d-closed-and-its-rumored-replacement/

New Show to Replace Critter Castaways?

I've heard from a source inside the park that a new show may be in the works for the theater in Bird Gardens to replace the current Critter Castaways. No specifics on the new show or the timeframe at this point.

As always, salt is provided at the door. But felt it worthy enough of posting in case others have heard something.

Anyone is always free to private message or email me with anything you wish to remain anonymous with. Links to do so are below in my signature line.

Reactions: Zimmy and Zachary
RE: New Show to Replace Critter Castaways?

Critter Castaways is one of the more popular shows, but is often cancelled due to high winds or bad weather since we are in Florida. Well at Seaworld the animal show is inside an enclosed theater, allowing it to go on whenever they need it to. So maaaayyybbeee Critter Castaways is moving to the 4-D theater.

RE: New Show to Replace Critter Castaways?

CoasterDude3000 said:
Maybe... I thought it was only the Skyride that closed due to wind.

Well, the birds have trouble flying, so it interrupts but maybe not necessarily cancels. I've seen the birds crash in the bleachers before because of strong winds.

RE: Critter Castaway to Move to Timbuktu Theater in 2014

Over the last few weeks, more and more small bits of information have been coming from various sources. While it's not official at this point, it looks more and more likely that Critter Castaways will be closing in Bird Gardens, and reopening in some form in the Timbuktu Theater when Pantopia is unveiled in 2014.

Along with the recent post from forum member CoasterDude3000, I have heard from several different sources from inside the park that there will be a "new" animal show in Timbuktu Theater (which will likely be getting a new name). The recent press release on Pantopia briefly mentioned a "renovated indoor theater." As is sits right now, the theater has been totally gutted according to one source. That include the seats and most other equipment, as a fairly major overhaul is planned. A new stage is also being constructed for the show.

It looks like Critter Castaways will close up shop, and be moved to the theater. While it's likely there will be some changes to the show, along with a new name, the theme of the show is expected to be similar to the current production.

I understand. But I've heard from additional sources that in fact it will be a "replacement" for Critter Castaways, and that a number of the staff and performing wildlife will make the move over.

Again, this is still rumor, although I feel a little stronger in its credibility given the number of various sources recently.

I think the show will be more similar to the one at Seaworld, with some higher up set pieces for the animals to do more impressive tricks on.

that is what I was thinking, more like sea world. That was a very impressive show and no worries of weather concerns either

Well, looks like the pieces we've been putting together in here since July of last year are now confirmed:

[tweet=https://twitter.com/BuschGardens/status/421005647292153856]

While the park hasn't officially said the show is moving, this is pretty much proof that it's happening.

Reactions: Zimmy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad