Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've said this once before, but it bears repeating:

Once, on a hot summer's day, while standing in a long line for the log flume, I noticed something out of place on the ground in the queue. Without getting too specific, it appeared that someone had decided that losing their place in line was just not worth it, and had proceeded to relieve themselves....solidly...there on the concrete.

There's a joke in there about the type of ride and the incident in question, naturally, but I'll leave that to someone with something of a less reserved sensibility.

Once I saw a tree!

Seriously though, I did see the Italy glow stand almost catch on fire. I think the bubble solution didn't really agree with the lights on the sign, and the lights started to spark. Also, while glow is on the mind, I didn't see this one but I've heard that a glow cart caught on fire.
Other interesting things have been storm related. I remember being at the park during a code black. After talking to an employee, I found out that black is the worst weather code meaning imminent or catastrophic sever weather normally only used when a tornado warning has been issued. I have never felt more scared inside the park, including during Howl-o-Scream :p

Reactions: Planeteer
The year when DarkKastle First opened My Aunt, Sister, and Aunt's friend went on it and it broke down. I was waiting out by the fountain with my Mom, because I wasn't tall enough to ride. And we waited for 2 hours out there, and they still didn't get off or come out of the line. However, we did notice it broke done, but were wondering why they didn't come out of the line, because they would usually come out if any ride broke down. And then some 2 & 1/2 hours they came off the ride. Well it turned out they were on the ride when it broke down, and were evacuated off, so they kind've got a walk through. Guess what, the ride broke down when they were at the dinner scene where he lifts the table, and while he was "lifting" the table the ride broke down. And after a couple of minutes waiting, the people behind them got "nervous," and couldn't hold there stomach fluids down. So they had to sit there for 1/2 an hour smelling the through up behind them.:p
I haven't really had a crazy experience at BGW. One thing that has happened with me is that I got stuck on BBW, but I mean who hasn't that ride broke down about five times a day( don't get me wrong I miss the ride, and wish they hadn't torn it down). However I have had a fun experience at BGW. About 2 years I was in the single rider line for Griffon, and was at the front of the line for it, and the ride operator let me put my finger in the scanner, put a thumps up out, and put my foot in the foot peddle. It was really nice of her, and fun for me I did it about three times in a row because the trains had no single seats open for like 3 rounds. Pretty cool right I actually took place in dispatching a train on Griffon!:)

JuniorBGWfan28 said:
The year when DarkKastle First opened My Aunt, Sister, and Aunt's friend went on it and it broke down.

broke down when i was on it! It was the last room and we were stuck for 1/2 hr

Party Rocker said:
I remember being at the park during a code black. After talking to an employee, I found out that black is the worst weather code meaning imminent or catastrophic sever weather normally only used when a tornado warning has been issued. I have never felt more scared inside the park, including during Howl-o-Scream :p

I was in one of these situations last summer. The storm came out of nowhere, and we were in Italy when it happened. There was a large group of us in the queue for Flying Machine/Battering Ram. We stood there for about an hour, everyone checking their phones for a break in the weather. It was probably 7 o'clock, and the sky was pitch black. When we realized the weather wasn't going to give up until around 2 am, we decided to run for it, stopping whenever we could find some shelter (like the family dryer by Pompeii). I had my 3 boys with me, the oldest with Asthma, so I had to be careful. We made it to the England parking lot, and I had my kids wait in the pick up area while I pulled the car around. There was constant lightning and it was really scary because through Banbury it was flooding. After that night, I always have panchos in my bag!

One time we were saying in line for Loch Ness Monster and U found $20 on the floor. We asked the people around us if it was their`s, and they were honest enough to say no.

cotnoutlaw said:
Party Rocker said:
I remember being at the park during a code black. After talking to an employee, I found out that black is the worst weather code meaning imminent or catastrophic sever weather normally only used when a tornado warning has been issued. I have never felt more scared inside the park, including during Howl-o-Scream :p

I was in one of these situations last summer. The storm came out of nowhere, and we were in Italy when it happened. There was a large group of us in the queue for Flying Machine/Battering Ram. We stood there for about an hour, everyone checking their phones for a break in the weather. It was probably 7 o'clock, and the sky was pitch black. When we realized the weather wasn't going to give up until around 2 am, we decided to run for it, stopping whenever we could find some shelter (like the family dryer by Pompeii). I had my 3 boys with me, the oldest with Asthma, so I had to be careful. We made it to the England parking lot, and I had my kids wait in the pick up area while I pulled the car around. There was constant lightning and it was really scary because through Banbury it was flooding. After that night, I always have panchos in my bag!
Its the worst when it rains at the park or downpours bc everyone is trying to leave at the same time

Reactions: Planeteer
Once, I was riding Loch Ness and we came to the second lift hill (right after the tunnel). I happened to look over to the left, and there were 3 deer grazing on a field between the back of Pompeii and the ride. They seemed undisturbed by the loud noises of the chain lift, which gave me the impression they came there often. I have no idea how they got in, so my guess is they lived or still live in the park.

Natoma said:
Once, I was riding Loch Ness and we came to the second lift hill (right after the tunnel). I happened to look over to the left, and there were 3 deer grazing on a field between the back of Pompeii and the ride. They seemed undisturbed by the loud noises of the chain lift, which gave me the impression they came there often. I have no idea how they got in, so my guess is they lived or still live in the park.

A) Awesome avatar!
B) Deer are very common at the park, so they're used to the various noises of the park and know that they're not a threat.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
B) Deer are very common at the park, so they're used to the various noises of the park and know that they're not a threat.

Yup. If you ride the railroad first thing in the morning you'll often spot a few in the fields behind Festa and around Festhaus Park. Seen them around Loch Ness and Killarney as well.

Might as well toss something else in this thread as well...

On the last Saturday of Howl-O-Scream 2010 the weather took a turn for the worse around 8pm and drove basically every last guest away. By 10pm there had to be less than 400 people left in the park. Anyway I walked back to Festhaus Park around 11:15 (this was back when Bitten, Hunted, and Harvest Hollow were all back there) and started talking to the person stationed outside of Bitten. The person said that a guest hadn't come through in a good 20 minutes or so but they were still open. I ended up going through all 3 attractions completely alone with full Saturday casts. Yes, it was just as amazing as you'd imagine it'd be.

Natoma said:

How do they keep the deer out of restricted areas?

Udse0oU.jpg

Here's a crazy story: One day, I was minding my own business, taking in the beautiful European sights our good ol' Old Country has to offer...and then, out of nowhere...there it was, looming above there, destroying the feel of the entire area for everything and completely ruining everyone's trip. What terror:
ACF130A.JPG
But bear with me, my crazy story gets even worse. Just a couple of years later, with my last crazy story still there to abolish and totally make you feel crazy and confused, another nightmate was awaiting me as I strolled through the park again. Simply a scary experience for me, and once again horrible for everyone and seemingly impossible to endure *shudders in memory of event*. You'll never guess what crazy thing I encountered that makes me rethink everything in my life:
IMG_0805.jpg

THIS IS NOT THE OLD COUNTRY! ~ THIS IS NOT GERMANY! *SHRIEK!*
What an experience... :shocked:
EDIT: I believe Chickenking posted a horrible experience similar to the one I had...sorry to hear you were subjected to this, too

bigbrother32 said:
How do they keep the deer out of restricted areas?

Most restricted areas that are restricted due to safety issues have a very secure fence that has to have two keys to open it, the ride key and a gate key, from what I was told.

Definitely hard for deer to get into those areas, but they just roam around as if they own the place :p Especially at night. Although I heard a deer made its way into Verbolten's event building once and got on the track?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad