Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 18, 2017
I'm still laughing at what I just saw! A local newscast just did a live story from BGW. It was WAVY-TV10. They showed the guy with the long red beard (I know some of you know him by name) promoting the upcoming Bier Fest. The Chyron Titling for the story said "Busch Gardens Celebrating Full Opening".(paraphrased) What I find so funny is the report was done in front of Darkastle (Closed) and they were standing at the food booth where they used to have the turkey legs (Closed) and in the background you could see the basketball game (Closed), and the other games across from the ring toss (All Closed). An employee at the prompting of the bearded guy served 2 pretzels and 2 beers that had probably come from Pretzel World which was never in the picture. I mean come on people! You are shouting to the rooftops that you are open and the entire scene was closed attractions! Got to love it!! Talk about staged fake news!

May 13, 2021
I'm still laughing at what I just saw! A local newscast just did a live story from BGW. It was WAVY-TV10. They showed the guy with the long red beard (I know some of you know him by name) promoting the upcoming Bier Fest. The Chyron Titling for the story said "Busch Gardens Celebrating Full Opening".(paraphrased) What I find so funny is the report was done in front of Darkastle (Closed) and they were standing at the food booth where they used to have the turkey legs (Closed) and in the background you could see the basketball game (Closed), and the other games across from the ring toss (All Closed). An employee at the prompting of the bearded guy served 2 pretzels and 2 beers that had probably come from Pretzel World which was never in the picture. I mean come on people! You are shouting to the rooftops that you are open and the entire scene was closed attractions! Got to love it!! Talk about staged fake news!
By Ring Toss, do you mean the red ring toss around the soda bottles? If so, what about the other games, like the whiffle ball toss, and the other games that feature stuffed animals. Are they closed too?

Mar 18, 2017
You couldn't see the whiffle ball toss. It has been open sporadically when I have been there. Remember the row of games beside the arcade? That whole row is closed and has been for awhile. I wouldn't think anytime on a Friday evening (report was at 4:30) would be less busy. There were quite a few people walking by in the background. When I have seen news crews there before they usually keep the people from getting too close.

May 13, 2021
You couldn't see the whiffle ball toss. It has been open sporadically when I have been there. Remember the row of games beside the arcade? That whole row is closed and has been for awhile. I wouldn't think anytime on a Friday evening (report was at 4:30) would be less busy. There were quite a few people walking by in the background. When I have seen news crews there before they usually keep the people from getting too close.
Now that's a surprise because it's such a cash cow. It takes minimal staffing and almost no maintenance. I spent nearly $400 on those #@$#@ games during one visit in 2014 (kids wanted the large unicorns). I hope they are open by August 🙁

• Wow
Reactions: Nibbins

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Games at BGW are in a massive state of change right now. Post-COVID the entire department has been outsourced. Expect under-performing games to be shuttered and games to remain closed whenever profit isn't certain. This is why games staff have been a lot pushier this year—approching people on paths and the like. It's also why games attendants no longer do pin trading.

It's really unfortunate. BGW had the last in-house games department and, with the addition of pin trading, even managed to find a new way to subsidize it. That said, I guess balance sheet optimization led SEAS to kill our in-house games department too. 🙁

Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, this is false. They're closed, primarily, due to staffing issues. COVID restrictions aren't playing a role.
Just like most other things at BGW right now that they dont want to spend money on they cite "Covid Restrictions"......they will play that one till the bitter end.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Jul 14, 2019
Just like most other things at BGW right now that they dont want to spend money on they cite "Covid Restrictions"......they will play that one till the bitter end.
In this case , if they dont want to spend money on the ride why would they even bother with getting it up and running with water dummies for testing if they don't plan on opening it this year? Literally doesn't make sense.

Nov 24, 2009
In this case , if they dont want to spend money on the ride why would they even bother with getting it up and running with water dummies for testing if they don't plan on opening it this year? Literally doesn't make sense.
All for show......just as your post implies I shoukd give them a pass because they are working to get it open even if the never or only open it once or twice. We were there tonight and ive never ever seen the park closing up shops so early....we were sitting on the pottery porch at 8pm and they literally told people trying to walk in they were closing and they couldnt. Basically the last hour you can ride rides and thats it.

Nibbins

Resident Rat
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I noticed that some dining places have their closing time listed as 8:30pm and they still close them down at 8pm every time I am there.

Reactions: WDWRLD
Nov 24, 2009
Its like the train last night, it was 7:35 at Caribou and we just missed the train. Knowing they may close early for fireworls I asked the guy there "what time does the train close tonight?"......his reply "I dont know but probably around 8". But then as we were walking away he says next train should be here in 20 minutes. Knowing how ungodly slow they are there was no way the train would make it back in 20 minutes.

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Its like the train last night, it was 7:35 at Caribou and we just missed the train. Knowing they may close early for fireworls I asked the guy there "what time does the train close tonight?"......his reply "I dont know but probably around 8". But then as we were walking away he says next train should be here in 20 minutes. Knowing how ungodly slow they are there was no way the train would make it back in 20 minutes.
The train hasn't been closing till 8:45 for the fireworks since they moved them to the boneyard.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

vacoasterfanatic

used to like pompeii alot, as my username implied
May 14, 2019
today was the true definition of horrendous. alot of the issues here 100% had to do with staffing. first off, nessie wasnt open til almost 11 and when it did open it was running 1 train. festa didnt open til 1030 and then oktoberfest at 11. tempesto was closed til around 1130 and griffon opened around the same time as festa. overall a disaster and im quite disappointed.

Nov 24, 2009
The train hasn't been closing till 8:45 for the fireworks since they moved them to the boneyard.
I thought it was later since they moved them and thats why I was asking. I didnt want to wait 30 minutes for the text train to find out it was closing since the employee there seemed to have no interest in being there or helping guests....not to mention it was obvious he ws just making up information.
today was the true definition of horrendous. alot of the issues here 100% had to do with staffing. first off, nessie wasnt open til almost 11 and when it did open it was running 1 train. festa didnt open til 1030 and then oktoberfest at 11. tempesto was closed til around 1130 and griffon opened around the same time as festa. overall a disaster and im quite disappointed.
I almost never go to the park at opening but the last time I was there esrly was pre covid and they hel us at Pompeii till 10:30 and then either by the gelatto place or around the corner at the bridge till 11 for germany.

vacoasterfanatic

used to like pompeii alot, as my username implied
May 14, 2019
only difference between pre-covid and now is that theyve been opening nessie and the normal stuff around 930, and the whole park at 10 for the last 4 months. the fact that this is suddenly shifting with no notice is what irks me. also the fact that they opened areas late but the rides still wouldnt open for another 30 minutes or so.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad