Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
anigif_sub-buzz-27854-1517599523-1.gif

So I good news for the Virginia parks ran into someone who works for Go karts Plus and was asking them about what appears to be increased activity at the park. I was informed that they are HOPEFUL and BELIEVE that there is a strong likelihood that the order expiring next Friday will be a loud to expire and that it's likely they will be able to do a LIMITED opening as early as possibly the following week and and preparing for that possibility.

So I good news for the Virginia parks ran into someone who works for Go karts Plus and was asking them about what appears to be increased activity at the park. I was informed that they are HOPEFUL and BELIEVE that there is a strong likelihood that the order expiring next Friday will be a loud to expire and that it's likely they will be able to do a LIMITED opening as early as possibly the following week and and preparing for that possibility.

I was thinking this until today (next Friday would end some orders). I was thinking that May 8th would be the magic day, but I now feel it might be the 15th or 22nd. I thought the large spike in numbers / testing today was the states attempt to create a "peak" in data per say. How convenient it came on a Friday... 7 days before some of the current orders expire. BUT, then I heard that the state expects further testing to ramp up even more (which will create more positives). It will be interesting if the Governor sticks to his 14 day number. If so, the 8th just won't happen.

My understanding is that they are increasing testing so that they can get good data so that they can open. Testing does not create cases, it finds them. If they do not test and open without knowing the actual prevalence of the disease, they run the risk of creating more/wider spread.

Additionally, opening early is not the goal. Opening safely is.

• Love
Reactions: belsaas and warfelg
My understanding is that they are increasing testing so that they can get good data so that they can open. Testing does not create cases, it finds them. If they do not test and open without knowing the actual prevalence of the disease, they run the risk of creating more/wider spread.

Additionally, opening early is not the goal. Opening safely is.

Of course. I am not arguing one way or the other (to reopen), safety needs to come first. The more testing, the more data, the better. "Create" was the wrong word to use, find is probably better. The % of positives shouldn't change much (might actually go down), but the trend of confirmed cases will go up if the trend of tests given continues to rise (at least for the next week+). Especially from a jump of ~4k tests per day (before today) to 15k tests per day (today). That number was really around 5.8k if you use the old way of measuring. Either way the Governor wants to see a downward trend in cases / hospitalizations to move forward (which he should). If we are still going up... I can't see how Go Karts Plus (or really anything) will be opening until AT LEAST the 15th at this point.

"Governor Northam outlined key benchmarks Virginians can expect in the first phase, which will begin no sooner than two weeks from now to allow for a 14-day downward trend in confirmed COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations."

I will say the State has a very funny way of reporting numbers (its just how it is for every state right now). Reporting deaths, hospitalizations, positive results, negative results, etc. is so dynamic secondary to the different testing locations, labs, timelines, etc. Not to mention they keep changing the way they are getting results, how they are providing data, and even updating their website (which had major issues today). Also, Virginia is near the bottom on testing per capita in the Country... with a Physician as the Governor...

Reactions: Nicole
And they have officially soft opened at least in part.

Attachments

• 20200523_175352.jpg
    20200523_175352.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: VikingvadR
I just thought I would say Go Carts Plus has done a BOOMING business the last two weeks the place has been more packed then I think I have ever seen it not that is entirely a good thing given the current situation.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad