Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It’s my understanding that Kings Dominion either already has or is about to reduce down to a skeleton crew. Anyone deemed nonessential is being basically laid off—sent home without pay until further notice.

I know a lot of employees are in a really rough place tonight. I really hope things work out. If there’s anything KDFans can do to help, please reach out. Stay safe out there. ?

It’s my understanding that Kings Dominion either already has or is about to reduce down to a skeleton crew. Anyone deemed nonessential is being basically laid off—sent home without pay until further notice.

I know a lot of employees are in a really rough place tonight. I really hope things work out. If there’s anything KDFans can do to help, please reach out. Stay safe out there. ?

Smart, though terrible for the employees. This whole situation is unpredictable and conserving cash now is what will keep the park afloat if things turn really south and much of the season or the whole season is lost.

Hopefully the employees can get enough unemployment to bridge them over and find other opportunities in the interim to get by.

Reactions: Mushroom
Anyone request a refund or find out if the park is offering partial refunds or credits back?
Would also like to know when this could go into effect if it hasn't already...

I would assume that the opening date will be pushed back at least another month soon..

Last edited:

That's really unfortunate. Understandably it would be harder for Cedar Fair to continue to pay all of their employees across the company than it is for SEAS. They have a lot more parks and staff.

I really feel for them. It's really sad and unfortunate for all these people who just won't have much money coming in now

To add to Zachary's post from last night, I noticed that the park has decided to postpone its summer season and Grand Carnivale auditions to mid-April. They also added this disclaimer at the bottom of the page:
All performers are encouraged to e-mail us their resume, headshot, and music or dance reel in lieu of attending auditions in person. Anyone interested in interviewing should also e-mail their resume to auditions@kingsdominion.com and we can schedule phone interviews. Please see the FAQ section below for video requirements.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad