Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Not surprised at this one bit.

My friend is the artistic director of Cirque du Soleil’s resident show in Hangzhou and he told me all performances there have been indefinitely canceled for the time being.

Last edited:
Eerie....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just to add more perspective here...

Shanghai is China's largest city with a metro population around 24 million (for comparison, the NYC metro area is around 20 million).

Shanghai Disneyland is located about 17 miles southeast of Downtown Shanghai.

Here's a video showing the empty streets of Shanghai. This takes "eerie" to a new level.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm glad they are taking precautions. Hopefully it won't become full blown. SEAS can't afford to shutter its parks for months like Disney. Not that Disney isn't hurt tremendously either, but at least they have other successful business units to cushion the impact.

Is wiping down trains really going to help? I can think of a thousand other things guests will still come into contact with throughout the day.

Same thing goes with the metal detectors, I go through the ones at SeaWorld with a camera, phone, full key chain, and wallet and still dont set it off, it's all about perception really.

Is wiping down trains really going to help? I can think of a thousand other things guests will still come into contact with throughout the day.

I would think they would need to keep wipes and hand sanitizer at different locations where the virus can spread - rides, games, eateries, shops, etc.

In theory they could let guests use the wipes when they are getting on the ride to wipe down contact points and then pick them up in a basket after checking restraints.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad