Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
ScreamScape.com said:
(11/10/15) Does Carowinds have another surprise in store for 2016? Based on a photo posted to Carowinds Connection about what was found sitting in a lot near Fury 325, it appears the seat/arms from a Mondial Top Scan ride have been delivered to the park. I've had the pleasure of riding a portable Modial Top Scan and it ranks near the top of the most extreme flat ride experiences I've ever had, so if this really is coming to Carowinds... this is a huge surprise indeed. Anyone know more?
ScreamScape.com said:
2016/2017 - Five New Flat Rides - Confirmed - (2/9/16) Back in August I mentioned that Cedar Fair was sending a small team of ride experts from the company on a quest to search through parks and facilities across Europe for possible new flat ride acquisitions. The quest was fruitful, with the group buying a total of 7 flat rides for just $7 million so far, and they intend to go on another search through the Asian marketplace next.

Of the seven new rides purchased and undergoing refurbishment, 5 of them will be going to Carowinds. The list includes a Mondial Top Scan (the pieces of which were already spotted at the park), a Mack Music Express, Huss Breakdance, a Huss Troika and a Zierer Wave Swinger which will likely replace the park’s existing Chance YoYo.

The only thing I’m not sure of at this point in time is if these rides will be put in for 2016, 2017, or if they will just be added to the park one at a time, as they arrive and are ready to be installed. Either way, five new flat rides will make a great and much needed addition to Carowinds, which is a great park that is severely lacking in the full scale flat ride department, despite having a large collection of kiddie sized flats.
Source

I'm super jealous of the Top Scan and the Breakdance. Glad to see a Troika and a real Wave Swinger come to Caro as well.

I wonder where the Chance YoYo is going...

Joe, I heard that they are specifically looking for a Swartzkopf enterprise too. I think we both know which park that will go into. Wink Wink, nudge nudge.

Reactions: Mushroom
I do find it interesting that they are searching for these rides used. You can still buy a new Top Scan, Wave Swinger, Enterprise etc. It is definitely more budget friendly for sure though.

Carowinds said:
An exciting, new lineup of family fun is coming to the place where the Carolinas come together in 2017! Carowinds is proud to announce the addition of FOUR new rides in the new County Fair and an extra season of festivities with our all-new holiday celebration, WinterFest. With so many exciting experiences for families to enjoy next season, there’s never been a better time to own a 2017 Gold Season Pass to Carowinds!

County Fair & Winterfest for 2017

Carowinds said:
County Fair
A new lineup of family fun is coming to the place where the Carolinas come together! Take a step back through time and experience the home-grown thrills of a early era Carolina County Fair. True to this classic tradition, guests will experience a blast from the past with FOUR new rides, new food offerings, experiences and an atmosphere full of timeless fun for all ages!

Electro-Spin
Get ready for a jolt of fun when Electro-Spin sends riders through a freely rotating orbit through the air on its floorless gondolas. This unique ride will leave thrill seekers awed by its arsenal of tangled tricks.

Zephyr
This classic family swing ride will suspend guests as the ride rotates in a circular, wavelike motion – all while serving up some breathtaking views of the new County Fair and the rest of the park.

Rock 'N' Roller
A staple of any County Fair, the Rock ‘N’ Roller is a fast-paced circular ride that will rock n’ roll you around and around, up and down as high-energy tunes and spectacular lighting complement this awesome experience.

Do-Si-Do
This super-fun spiraling adventure will send guests flying through the air and gliding up, down and around as three giant arms rotate riders in different directions – all while increasing speed and elevation.

The Flying Cobras
The Carolina Cobra is getting a makeover with a new name and theme. Fitting for any Carolina County Fair, guests will look to the sky for an air show featuring the daring aviation maneuvers of The Flying Cobras.

Wings
First in flight, first in taste! This popular dining location will receive various improvements and enhanced menu offerings, perfect to accompany any family outing at the County Fair.
Carowinds said:
WinterFest
Ring in the Holidays with a new family tradition - Coming Nov. 2017

Excitement fills the air at WinterFest, a grand celebration of the holiday season at Carowinds. Guests will be immersed in the season’s sprit with spectacular holiday lights and décor, world-class live entertainment, luscious treats and fanciful experiences throughout the park. Carowinds will be magically transformed into a winter wonderland full of enchantment and holiday cheer!

Best yet, 2017 Gold & Platinum Season Passholders will receive FREE admission to this extended season of festivities and celebration!

Come for the Sights
Magnificently decorated trees, lavish holiday décor and spectacular lights will shimmer throughout the park. WinterFest’s signature 70-foot-tall holiday tree, one of the Carolinas’ largest, will come alive each evening at a special tree-lighting ceremony.

Come for the Sounds
Melodious sounds of the season will ring all over the park during WinterFest with nearly a dozen live shows. From the Miseltones singing their beloved holiday tunes from yesteryear to memorable song-and-dance shows throughout, Carowinds will kindle the holiday spirit in everyone.

Come for the Fun

WinterFest features a sleigh-full of hands-on experiences, including ice skating, make-and-take ornaments, postcards to Santa and even the opportunity to pet live reindeer. What’s more, an entourage of seasonal characters such as Jack Frost and the Sugar Plum Fairy will delight and entertain guests all along the midway.

Come for the Food
Families can enjoy festive food and drinks including a holiday style menu featuring smoked turkey, carved hams, our homemade hot chocolate and so much more!

Gee, I wish BGW would be so kind to their pass members to include Christmas Town.

Edit: Cleaned up post and details.

So it appears from the renderings that County Fair is being relocated to where Cobra is now. Not sure what that means for the old County Fair area. It looks fantastic.

Attachments

• CountyFairOne.jpg
    CountyFairOne.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 17
  • CountyFairFour.jpg
    CountyFairFour.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 11
  • CountyFairFive.jpg
    CountyFairFive.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 13
  • County-Fair-Rock-and-Roller.png
    County-Fair-Rock-and-Roller.png
    580.8 KB · Views: 10
  • CountyFairNight.jpg
    CountyFairNight.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 13
No mention of any ride operations. I bet Caro is getting Bukoo messages with questions about ride operation during Winterfest.

Added to the bottom of the Winterfest page.

Carowinds said:
Come for the Rides
Of course the holidays are even more cheerful when you can experience some of your favorite attractions. Select rides and attractions will be open for families and friends to enjoy together (weather pending).

Reactions: MAZ
This is actually going to be an all new section next to Carolina Cobra, the park has not said what they are going to do with the existing County Fair. Two areas do not connect so I don't think that this will be an expansion of County Fair.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad