Coronavirus Crisis

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 14, 2019
Still sooner than the Diamond's replacement. To be fair, fuck us if the Giants organization and/or MiLB doesn't pay for it without taxpayer money going into the project.

VCU is supposedly paying for a chunk too, though college seasons are shorter and don't have nearly as many home games so it shouldn't be as much as it probably will be.

Reactions: Dombot
Mar 16, 2016
Still sooner than the Diamond's replacement. To be fair, fuck us if the Giants organization and/or MiLB doesn't pay for it without taxpayer money going into the project.

VCU is supposedly paying for a chunk too, though college seasons are shorter and don't have nearly as many home games so it shouldn't be as much as it probably will be.
The upside to college being involved is a well designed park with cool features to help with recruiting.

Dombot

woo yeah woohoo yeah yeah
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
So uh... I comPLETELY read MiLB wrong and thought the MLB cancelled their season. I know nothing about minor league. Sorry for sidetracking this conversation entirely. Whoops! 😂

May 9, 2019
So uh... I comPLETELY read MiLB wrong and thought the MLB cancelled their season. I know nothing about minor league. Sorry for sidetracking this conversation entirely. Whoops! 😂
I was wondering why you were concerned about not getting to visit the Trop this season, but then again this wonderful venue may pull double duty for a minor league team too.

So I read somewhere that the owner of the Rays wants to split the "home" games between Tropicana Field and Montreal, is that real information or did I get trolled? If true, what a great time to be a Rays fan or it is a great exit strategy to get up to Canada on more than just a part-time basis.

Dombot

woo yeah woohoo yeah yeah
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
So I read somewhere that the owner of the Rays wants to split the "home" games between Tropicana Field and Montreal, is that real information or did I get trolled? If true, what a great time to be a Rays fan or it is a great exit strategy to get up to Canada on more than just a part-time basis.
oh my god it's real

what even are tampa sports teams anymore

Alf33

Life is short, so eat dessert first.
Jun 8, 2013
Hell is freezing over. Just seen on TV that Trump has changed his tune and is now willing to wear a mask! In a way this isn't surprising as VP Pence has started wearing one and other top officials who never did have also. Guess the reality of the pandemic and that the national curve is still going up is finally sinking in. Either that or he's doing it to help his poll numbers.

Last edited:

Alf33

Jun 8, 2013
Well we all know Trump and the White House won't take any responsibility or provide any leadership on a nation wide plan to fight the virus. It's every state for themselves. This can now be confirmed with what is being reported (below) as the WH's new message they are going to start putting out on the virus is that we're all going to have to live with it. If this isn't a total throw in the towel and let's pretend it doesn't exist and it will magically go away I don't know what is. Trump and the WH don't give a damn about the people regardless of who they are.

• Angry
Apr 5, 2011
To be fair “We just have to live with it” fits with how the rest of health care here. At least we attempted, but now that it’s too much of an inconvenience, we should just give up.

Reactions: r757chan

Alf33

Jun 8, 2013
I'm confused. How do you equate the WH going to a position of telling the country, too bad so sad live with it because we aren't going to do a damn thing about it (unless someone sane convinces them not to use this messaging) with "the rest of health care here". I don't get it. They are two different issues.

Reactions: bill s
Mar 16, 2016
I'm confused. How do you equate the WH going to a position of telling the country, too bad so sad live with it because we aren't going to do a damn thing about it (unless someone sane convinces them not to use this messaging) with "the rest of health care here". I don't get it. They are two different issues.
Health care here depends on how much you can pay. Plenty of hospitals will dump you no matter how bad it is if you don't have insurance. Basically saying "too bad you have to live with it" feels like the "sorry you don't have insurance so you have to live with it."

Alf33

Jun 8, 2013
OK, I can see that but the way I'm taking their new messaging is that we just have to accept that the virus is now something that will be part of everyday life (which it is and will be probably forever, like the annual flu) and we'll just have to deal with it however we want to as the govt isn't going to do a thing about it. They are now going to ignore that the virus even exists, the deaths are just a statistic, and not even give it any attention. Nothing to see here...move along.

Mar 18, 2017
At this point, "health care" offers nothing to prevent you from catching the virus except advice. Acting like this wouldn't be a problem if everyone had free access to a doctor is pushing your agenda.

Looks to me Trump is taking a middle or mixed precaution approach just like every place where they've been successful, but very very arguably too soon, due to doing it already and poorly.

• Eye-Roll
  • Dislike
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
At this point, "health care" offers nothing to prevent you from catching the virus except advice.
“Catching the virus” isn’t the only threat. The treatment you receive and how extreme a case you suffer is correlated with your access to health care. Those with a variety of conditions (like diabetes, immunodeficiencies, etc) are more vulnerable and likely to end up in the hospital. Additionally, many require direct doctors care, when they get the virus.

(And I have no “agenda.”)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad