Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
How would a seat malfunction in a way that someone could get hurt like that
Best guess is it may have been a combo of a harness unexpectedly releasing and/or the guest not paying attention with their arm in the wrong place?
Pinch point perhaps?

This is such a bizarre incident. But then again, aren't most park incidents odd?
CoasterRadio did an employees stories episode a few weeks ago with some stories from across the industry of some pretty crazy incidents. They even have some from BGW.

Reactions: lightninlady
Rode this yesterday and was impressed by both the theming and the ride. It was the only coaster that wasn't walk-on, but it was worth the 45 minute wait. (And that's saying something, because I love my quick-queues...)

Alright large rider question. I know Mack coasters have a rep. I was able to ride Rockit and FJ last week but have never encountered a Mack restraint before. I really want to get down here for Fury 325 finally since I was good for Mako and everything on my trip last week but Copperhead is a deterrent because I don't want to stare at it unable to ride as the rest of Carowinds barring Afterburn and Intimidator is just not that interesting to me. 6'3, 309 can ride RMCs and Rockit and FJ, probably overthinking it now but I'm still in the "sketchy" range I feel like.

I’d say they are more accommodating than the RMC restraints and the B&M standard OTS restraints. If you can fit into the clamshells just fine you shouldn’t have any issues with Copperhead either. I say go for it!

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
This thing honestly exceeded my expectations so much! I didn't expect to like it more than Storm Runner and I did. I like Storms launch better for sure but as an overall ride Copperhead just does so many great things, amazing hangtime, 5 ejector moments, I thought it was fast enough through all the turns. I don't see why it gets really the hate it does I guess it's just the slower Mack launches but they didn't bother me much. I want more Mack launch coasters in the US. Build them now please. The ejector airtime was seriously impressive on some of those hills.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad