Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
Has anyone checked this out? I just noticed it on the new park map, it states about Conservation Cove being tucked hidden near Wild Thang, almost? I assume this is much like an extremely scaled down version of the Wild Reserve?

Reactions: Zachary
Isn't it just that aquarium building that has some alligators? Maybe they include the little animal experience (parrots) with it too.

Unless the have two, it is near the park entrance, in a little, well, cove. :) It has about seven or eight baby alligators (or crocs) swimming around. I am entranced by animals, so I stood and watched them for about ten minutes. I thought it was cool, and I hope they more around the park with different animals.

Reactions: Griff
That is interesting I never even noticed that. All I saw was the animal display directly behind Jet Scream. I guess I better check this out next visit.

Yeah, it is right across the path from the birds behind Jet Scream. Is there another one under wild Thang?

Well by looking at the new park map; the "Conservation Cove" is pictured right next to Wild Thang, in front of a seating area across the pathway from the back of Jet Scream.

However they have a small animal viewing area right directly behind Jet Scream.

I was able to nab a few photos of the elusive "Conservation Cove." It's really nothing more than a little building with signs, an aquarium, and a viewing area above it. Inside are some baby American alligators, some turtles, and some large fish. Like Hoopla said earlier, it really is nestled into a little wooded cove between some flower beds. There's also the little bird/trainer viewing pathway right behind Jet Scream across the pathway from the aquarium. Conservation Cove actually located directly across the first pathway you come across that leads down to Jet Scream and Malibu Pipeline, and close to the little photo op with the surf board when you enter. It's much closer to the entrance to the park than it appears on the map. Anyway, here are the photos!

Front view of Conservation Cove on the outside, as viewed from the path behind Jet Scream. It's actually very visually pleasing, and very natural-looking.

Attachments

• con cove outside.jpg
    con cove outside.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 17
  • con cove view.jpg
    con cove view.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 15
  • con cove in.jpg
    con cove in.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 17
  • con cove gator.jpg
    con cove gator.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 20
  • con cove side.jpg
    con cove side.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 22
I would love to see this concept expanded in the park. With the Huge number of flamingos the chain owns I think a flamingo exhibit like atseaworld be great. It would look cool, add a neat attraction to the park that doesn't have a line, and give the chain another place to spread their flamingo population.

Another thing I would like to see is an outdoor gator exhibit, again like the one at seaworld. It's so much easier to see the animals and would be much better for them too.

They could ship them back south easy enough I'm sure. Or just do what zoos everywhere do, have an inside home for them. They do it with their other birds and animals at BGW. I think it's something they could work around easy enough. Water country needs stuff like this desperately. They need something else to do when the lines are huge. Also compared to the rest of there parks their lack of animal love is very sad.

^^ Yes! At both parks! When you go to the parks as much as my wife and I do, you don't want to do anything with over a five minute wait. That's one nice thing about animal exhibits, no lines! Plus we love animals.

Another thing that would be cool to add would be a small indoor aquarium. Have some cool animals and a chance to soak up done AC and escape the sun for a bit.

tursiops said:
^^ Yes! At both parks! When you go to the parks as much as my wife and I do, you don't want to do anything with over a five minute wait. That's one nice thing about animal exhibits, no lines! Plus we love animals.

Ha! Have you been to Sea World recently? Even with Quick Queues, I end up standing in line!

I think part of the problem is the limitation of the "Europe" and "Americana" themes.

Yeah, i think you are right, but Europe does have animals still. And water country's theme is garbage. As I've said they should do the Caribbean colonial retheme that has been discussed. Or Aquatica.

And for BGW, if Spain ever is added please have a monkey exhibit! Gibraltar is home to the only native primate species aside from humans in Europe. I forgot the exact species, but it would be a unique and little know part of Europe to bring to the park!

^^ Agreed! Feeding them was the highlight of our latest trip! Why not have them at BGW??? Europe has just as many native kangaroos as Africa does!

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad