Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 7, 2013
Coasting For Kids to benefit Give Kids The World is coming to Busch Gardens on March 23rd.

More details (ERT, schedules, etc.) to come.

"Give Kids The World Village is an 84-acre, nonprofit resort in Central Florida that provides weeklong, cost-free vacations to children with critical illnesses and their families. The Village and its community partners provide children and their families accommodations in fully-furnished villas, transportation, tickets to theme parks, meals, daily entertainment and much more. Each year 27,000 children in the United States are diagnosed with a critical illness. Half of all children eligible for a wish through a partnering wish-granting organization choose to visit Central Florida and its collection of theme parks and other attractions. Our goal, quite simply, is to provide everything these deserving families need to make their trip the vacation of a lifetime. Since 1986, more than 165,000 children and families have had their dreams fulfilled in a whimsical Village unlike any other place on earth."

I have had the pleasure of fundraising for and volunteering at The Village in the past. This is a world-class charity with a world-class mission.

To support my personal mission of sending a family to The Village:
http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1398432&pg=personal&fr_id=1872

To sign-up to participate in the event: http://support.gktw.org/site/TR?fr_id=1872&pg=entry

Attachments

• unnamed.gif
    unnamed.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC
I have really wanted to do this for years. My riding partner can't come and I am unsure about traveling the 4+ hours to go by myself. I know it would be a great way to meet new friends but being a somewhat natural introvert I am unsure. Also unsure as to what team to join. Anyone got suggestions or thoughts on what I should do?

Apr 7, 2013
I have really wanted to do this for years. My riding partner can't come and I am unsure about traveling the 4+ hours to go by myself. I know it would be a great way to meet new friends but being a somewhat natural introvert I am unsure. Also unsure as to what team to join. Anyone got suggestions or thoughts on what I should do?

If you want to come, let me know. I can help and answer any specific questions. I am not sure if any of my friends / family can make this event either, so you can always hang out with me. Either way, will be a great event for a great cause. I doubt you will regret the trip. I didn't join a team this year, but maybe BGW Fans will want to make a team? I am hoping the final details / schedule will be announced soon...but I think some events (ERT) will happen before park opening.

EDIT: Just saw updates.

7:30am - Reception with light refreshments

8:00am - Exclusive Ride Time on Loch Ness, Griffon, InvadR and Alpengeist

9:55am - Exclusive First Ride opportunity on Verbolten

10:00am - All-day access to Busch Gardens Willamsburg

Thanks! I was wondering where that donation came from. I searched for a while, and then finally ended up here. Really, really appreciate the support!

Apr 9, 2013
If you want to come, let me know. I can help and answer any specific questions. I am not sure if any of my friends / family can make this event either, so you can always hang out with me. Either way, will be a great event for a great cause. I doubt you will regret the trip. I didn't join a team this year, but maybe BGW Fans will want to make a team? I am hoping the final details / schedule will be announced soon...but I think some events (ERT) will happen before park opening.

Thanks! I was wondering where that donation came from. I searched for a while, and then finally ended up here. Really, really appreciate the support!

I read the write ups, teared up a bit, and hit donate. I wish I could give more.

Reactions: RollyCoaster
Jul 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC

I'm leaning towards doing it. Need to decide so I can start fundraising. I will definitely hit you up if I decide to do it. Thank you for the offer.

Jul 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC

Just signed up as a participant. Will get with you about your offer at some point. Hopefully there are others that sign up from BGWFans before the event. Look forward to meeting you and the other participants.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
This really seems like it was a great event. I'm really proud of BGW for opening up and alloeing they park to be used to raise money for such a great cause. I really hope that BGW continues this event and at the very least continues to do it annually if not more times. I'm thinking they could do something with extra access to HOS or CT if they wanted.

Nov 24, 2009
GKtW is a great place. I am happy that BGW supported this but hopfully in the future its explained better and the park promotes it more or better as well. I had to research what it was and it to me was kinda confusing on how to be part of the event. Its totally possible I just missed something but something like this should have a clear goal and a clear way on how you participate.

BGWnut

Advisory Panel
Sep 24, 2018
I do think that it kind it came together very quickly at the last minute as it wasn't announced until the beginning of March, maybe the end of February

Reactions: jornor and WDWRLD
Apr 7, 2013
I started this thread about the event on January 7th. There was time...

However, it was planned last minute. More planning should go into 2020....and it likely will (there will be a new coaster after all).

Also, it was BGW who wanted it on opening day, not GKTW. BGW supports this event for some very specific reasons.

Reactions: jornor
Nov 24, 2009
So who was the official sponsor or creator of this event? BGW, GKtW or someone else. Was it Coasting for kids to benifit GKtW? Im not saying its not a good event or anything I am just trying to figure out how it works to decide for nest year to just donate or have my own team? What exactly is the day at the park about? I see there were times for certain things in the morning but can anyone attend that? You mention BGW supposts it for very specific reasons but can you elaborate?

Apr 7, 2013
So who was the official sponsor or creator of this event? BGW, GKtW or someone else. Was it Coasting for kids to benifit GKtW? Im not saying its not a good event or anything I am just trying to figure out how it works to decide for nest year to just donate or have my own team? What exactly is the day at the park about? I see there were times for certain things in the morning but can anyone attend that? You mention BGW supposts it for very specific reasons but can you elaborate?

Good questions. This event was organized / ran by Give Kids The World with great support from BGW. Give Kids The World uses many fundraising tools (its how they are so effective & highly rated), including events at Theme Parks (Coasting For Kids, Disney Marathons, etc.). There were user created teams (some web /club based, some ride manufacturer based, etc.) and some people just signed up for the event as an individual. It would be great to have a BGWFans team next year. There was ERT in the morning (Loch Ness, Griffon, Alpengeist, and Invadr) along with a "first ride" opportunity on Verbolten. Anyone who raised $100 could attend (ERT, get a t-shirt, and breakfast). Anyone who raised +$250 was also able to attend a Coaster 101 tour. BGW was surprised so many people raised +$250 and were getting creative to accommodate a large group (for them) for a coaster tour.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad