Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 11, 2010
Just wanted to let you know that I did the Coaster Tour Sunday morning and it was only me and my brother :) Nate was our tour guide and he was great. We had a great view from the top of Griffon as it was perfectly clear and beautiful weather! It was cool being the only 2 customers in the whole park. I asked Nate what happened to the large painting of Loch Ness that used to be in the train station. He said he didn't know but he wouldn't be surprised if Nora has it, lol :) What did happen to it?

Daryl

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
That is funny! I also mentioned missing the large poster of the Loch Ness Monster in the station house on the last tour I went on. It is an actual print from an artist called Boris Vallejo who is a fantasy painter who came to the US in the 60's and is an amazing talent to the genre. You may have seen his work before as he is quite famous.

Remember the national lampoon vacation movie posters? That is him! He has also done many superhero art as well that is based off comics.

He did a series of monsters way back when and one was our awesome Loch Ness Image that was used in the station house for the 20th anniversary. It stayed up for a very long time.

I would assume they removed it because it was getting more and more damaged from the elements and who knows what else.

I did tell Nate that I used to own a poster of this image when I was a kid and it would be neat to have the actual super-large image that was hanging up in the station house. I think we all would. My guess for the current location that I mentioned to some folks on the tour is a storage house that is located on the property that has old signage and ride parts in it... kind of like the park's home for various retired items.

By the way, my poster got so old the paper was breaking apart and literally crumbled away. This is the image you are thinking of:

Attachments

• lochness1_582.jpg
    lochness1_582.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 20
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad