Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Apollo's tunnel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffon's splashdown

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Grover's Alpine forest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
It seems all of the coasters in the park feature at least one special effect.

LNM - Monster's Lair (tunnel)
Alpie - Tunnel and cabin by Le Scoot
Apollo - Tunnel after second hill
Griffon - Splashdown
Grover - Fake Alpine forest.
TBA (Verbolten?) - Event building

My question: Did any past coaster, besides BBW (Bavarian Village) have special effects? Do you have any funny stories about these effects?

RE: Coaster Special Elements/Effects

Drachen technically was the only coaster to have a corkscrew half way down a hill.

also the only arrow with a cobra roll, if I'm not mistaken.

but I gave you special elements...

Calling that shed at the bottom of AC's hill a special effect is kinda a stretch. Most first time riders don't even remember it.

J0E1 said:
Very true... but, like I said before, a corkscrew WAS part of the DF ride structure. For example, if BGW ever sold LNM or Griffon (both impossible:)), they would not sell the tunnel or splashdown as well, because that's not part of the ride itself.

Like you said, I don't think Apollo's tunnel will get many votes on my poll...:D

Well in that case if BGW sold/scrapped the 2012 coaster (years later), the building wouldn't go with it.

The splashdown is part of the ride. It's a part of the trains, and is part of every (floorless, i.e. not Oblivion) dive machine in the world. I guess I just don't know where you're trying to go with this. All of Busch's coaster's have been record holders at one point, and all are unique. To that effect they all have had a special element.

P.S. By definition, an element would be part of the ride, while effects would surround it. You may want to change that thread name if you had effects more in mind.

P.S.S. Cool it with the smileys, they don't make your posts more legit.

Reactions: ALMS7TH
J0E1 said:
1. All floorless divers have splashdowns? Cool fact! (You're right, it IS part of the trains)
2. Done and done. The title is changed. Thanks!
3. Smileys--I use them too much. My bad. You're right, though!

Take a look at the rear of the train at the bottom at the tubes

Sidenote (Unrelated) Balak, I know that was just a typo, but that spelling of Griffon seems more French and is pronounced in a better French accent than "Griffon" itself. (Griff - i - ou) Sorry, It's late, but I thought that that was odd yet ironic that a typo could make a word more French.

Anyway, back on topic, I think the best ride effect is Nessie's tunnel. Griff(ion)'s splashdown could have been done so much more brillliantly, and easily taken the cake for best effect, but alas. Just as an idea, since Griffon is supposed to be "terrorizing" the small French village, you could place old French Renaissance era statues with claw marks in the stone, or have them headless, scattered around the lake (Of course set a distance away from the coaster path). Also, the village, when you think about it, isn't the industrial "Mecca" that Aquitaine-ala-Paris is, so you could make the splashdown look like an old overgrown lake with small water plants and, once again statues. But I guess boxwoods and rocks 'll do.

-Sky

-Sky

Fur Dozy said:
1. I prefer the ones on Sheikra
2. Sheikra's trains are newer.

I didn't even think about them changing the trains on that. They are more than likely the same style chutes now I am willing to bet. I'll make a call and find out. The old cylindrical style ones were terrible, the flow rate was nothing compared to the cubical.

I remember before they even got the new trains, the water splashed more than Griffon. I wonder if thier splash down pool is smaller in width than ours.

michaelcollier1 said:
I remember before they even got the new trains, the water splashed more than Griffon. I wonder if thier splash down pool is smaller in width than ours.

The flow rate of the old trains was significantly less. The level of water in the pool will affect it but the width itself will not.

Well I mean like the ammount splashing onto the walk way. If the pool is smaller in width more will splash out into the walk way than if it was thicker it would just splash into the pool.

michaelcollier1 said:
Well I mean like the ammount splashing onto the walk way. If the pool is smaller in width more will splash out into the walk way than if it was thicker it would just splash into the pool.

Ahh I thought you were talking about the height of the splash. Im not sure if you have ever been to BGT, if you haven't then the splash tank for Sheikra runs literally right beside an umbilical path vs Griffon being set off to the side.

Yeah I have been there. I never thaught of where the path was tho......

Fur's video gives a great perspective of it. The path it is taken from is a huge path, one of the main ones for that end of the park.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad