Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Clown Band (??? - ???) (2014- Current)

Clown Band is absolutely fantastic. Expect a full video later. There is also something VERY interesting here that I will share later.

As promised, here is a full video of the Clown Band's antics from this Sunday! While the band does roam around the park freely sometimes, there are two set performances on International Street below the Eiffel Tower daily. This performance lasts almost twenty minutes, and is full of everything. Check it out! (Be sure to turn the quality up! ;))

Of all of the changes I saw yesterday, I have to say the Clown Band is the greatest contributing factor in bringing back Kings Dominion's soul- even more so than the Singing Mushrooms. The performers are absolutely wonderful. Not only are the musicians very talented (more so than they appear in the video- for some reason the camera didn't pick up the sound perfectly...), but they're so energetic, free, and look so happy. They do their jobs so well. Words really can't describe how great seeing them was.

Anyway, there is something interesting going on here. Check out the clown in purple with the drum and cowbell, the funny one with the whistle. Look familiar? If you saw Mix It Up in 2012 and 2013, he should. That's right, the Funny Drummer from Mix It Up is now performing in the Kings Dominion Clown Band! It's wonderful to know that we will still be able to see him perform, and he's still as great and zany as ever. I struck a conversation up with him after the show, and wished him luck with his new crew. He- like all the other clowns- sure is a great musician!

Kings Dominion just posted a picture of the Clown Band with the two performers from BGW right in front. I find it pretty funny and ironic. I feel like KD's going, "Look who we have, and you don't!" Right in BGW's face. I find it funny though, good job KD.

[facebook=https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151984005251875&id=32237381874&set=a.180141141874.131348.32237381874&source=46]

Mix it Up! Drummer on the right, and TIO trumpeter on the left. Notice that they're dressed in the same costumes.

Matthew said:
Kings Dominion just posted a picture of the Clown Band with the two performers from BGW right in front. I find it pretty funny and ironic. I feel like KD's going, "Look who we have, and you don't!" Right in BGW's face. I find it funny though, good job KD.

[facebook=https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151984005251875&id=32237381874&set=a.180141141874.131348.32237381874&source=46]

Mix it Up! Drummer on the right, and TIO trumpeter on the left. Notice that they're dressed in the same costumes.

I was browsing the KD Facebook page just now and my mouth dropped when I read some of the comments under this picture of the Clown Band. Not sure if they are followers here at KDFans or BGWFans; but, I was caught off guard when reading the comments.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. That is really surprising.

I just want to point this out. This has a little more to do with BGW though. A person commented this comment.

I recognize that guy from Busch Gardens. I wonder why he left. It is a much nicer park.

Then someone replied this to that comment:

Probably because KD is treating their performers way better than Busch is right now.

Then someone replied this, to that reply:

^Ding, ding, ding!!!!

At first I thought this(the "Ding, ding, ding!!!" comment person) was a person who heard rumors here, about mis-treatment of BGW performers. But then I realized the person who commented that, had the profile picture, of this exact picture. Then I thought something was really weird. So I took a quick glance at this person's profile, and after a quick glance,(don't worry, I'm not a stalker) I immediately realized this is the TIO trumpeter Clown-Band trumpeter! So just to clarify, if you're not realizing what I'm getting at, the TIO trumpeter who came over to KD this season to be a trumpeter in the Clown Band, agreed to a comment that said BGW mis-treated their performers!:unsure:

We should move this somewhere to the BGW boards, though.

Wasn't conversation like this deleted by the mods before?

Reactions: Nicole

No. The conversation was deleted when it no longer pertained to the show and it dealt with the personal life of the performer, who was called out by name. We can talk about performer shuffles and social media all we like. I'm sure a mod can clarify.

This is one of the best additions to the park, adding character and charm back which was lost for 21 years because of Paramount. The Clown Band is funny and talented and I hope this group is here to stay beyond the 40th anniversary.

Reactions: Jonquil

Rumor has it that there will be a clown band playoff this Saturday at 2:30 at the International Street Band Stand...

Old clown band vs. new... who will win.

I sadly have to work, so if anyone can attend this and get any sort of recording, that will be appreciated a lot!

Reactions: Zachary and MAZ

Confirmed!
[facebook=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152045178556875]

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the park this weekend either. I hope somebody is able to get a recording, as I'm pretty disappointed to be missing this. Perhaps the park will post a video?

Well the worst part is KD Golden Years is at Cedar Point so unless the park gets coverage we have a small chance at seeing this historic battle. Maybe somebody from the site could get it.

Mazakman, if you'd be willing to break that trend to film the reunion, I will forever be in your debt. Whatever you want in return (me thanking every single post of yours, a personal meetup with yours truly, the deed to my house...), your wish is my command. Just film that video! ;)

Reactions: Nicole

As I said earlier, I won't be there earlier, (wouldn't be able to upload it anyway).

Mazakman, go to the park right before the performance, film, leave. :p

Reactions: wombat96

Ha! I'll see if I can scoot over there just to film it. No promises though.

KDGY just posted a video of the Clown Band performing a song. Not only are they incredibly talented (listen to that song!) but what I also love about this band is that, aside from their "main show" around the Eiffel Tower, they always seem to be playing different songs as they randomly roam the park. It really adds a wonderful sense of spontaneity and surprise that really makes the experience special. Here ya go:

These guys are super talented. They had such energy and always took the time to interact with the guests who wanted to play along.

Just how much thought was put into the new clown band? Well, one of the songs they play is called "On Broadway" by George Nelson. It was one of the songs performed in one of the park's productions back in the Golden Years!

You can hear its original performance 16 seconds in here:

The band plays the same song beginning at 1:42 in my video:

Also, the band plays some of the same songs as the old clown band, namely the song "All of Me" (not the dreadful John Legend one) which can be seen in KDFanPre91's video of the original clown band at 5:04:

In my video of the 2014 clown band, this same song is played (and sung) at 12:16. The level of thought and old charm that was put into this group of performers amazes me. So glad they are back!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad