Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
So we have long known about three coasters for Epic Universe—the dueling coaster in the hub, the family coaster in the How to Train Your Dragons land, and finally the Donkey Kong coaster in Super Nintendo World.

More recently, there have been rumors of another coaster coming to the park at opening—this time in the Classic Monsters land. Now, by the looks of things, that additional coaster is definitely coming:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018
Easily the project I’m MOST excited to see. Between this; the dark ride, and the theming potential of a Bavarian village and either Frankenstein’s or Dracula’s Castle overlooking it, it shapes up as a great thrill. Add the potential of a Creature from the Black Lagoon phase II expansion water ride (I envision a combination/amalgamation of Splashmountain Pirates and Jungle Cruise all thrown into one) and I’m over the moon.

Oct 20, 2019
Easily the project I’m MOST excited to see. Between this; the dark ride, and the theming potential of a Bavarian village and either Frankenstein’s or Dracula’s Castle overlooking it, it shapes up as a great thrill. Add the potential of a Creature from the Black Lagoon phase II expansion water ride (I envision a combination/amalgamation of Splashmountain Pirates and Jungle Cruise all thrown into one) and I’m over the moon.
What you said sounds like a spiritual successor to Jaws which would be incredible to have back in Universal!

Reactions: Aomalley27
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
So we have long known about three coasters for Epic Universe—the dueling coaster in the hub, the family coaster in the How to Train Your Dragons land, and finally the Donkey Kong coaster in Super Nintendo World.

More recently, there have been rumors of another coaster coming to the park at opening—this time in the Classic Monsters land. Now, by the looks of things, that additional coaster is definitely coming:

Are all of these lands actually confirmed yet? AFAIK we only could be certain about SNW and all the others were strong speculations but if I missed something it wouldn't surprise me.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Are all of these lands actually confirmed yet? AFAIK we only could be certain about SNW and all the others were strong speculations but if I missed something it wouldn't surprise me.

Technically not confirmed as in "announced," but there's wide-ranging agreement from insiders with public-record-backed knowledge that the initial build out consists of Nintendo, Classic Monsters, Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, and the space-ish themed hub land.

Jan 22, 2018
What you said sounds like a spiritual successor to Jaws which would be incredible to have back in Universal!
Exactly. Creature is my favorite universal monsters flick. And a creature themed dark ride/water ride would be epic if done proper. Knowing Universal, I’m thinking it’ll be grand.

The Kukla arm coaster tracked Castle ride looks really cool. And dumping the show building and replacing it with the Mack spinner is a wise move.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Apr 14, 2022
Screamscape has done a Deep-Dive into Dark Universe, as it seems the land will take cues from Jaws on being set within a more modern day; as Transylvania will be a tourist trap led by the Great-great-great Grandaughter of Lord Frankenstein. Additionally, it seems the coaster being made in replacement of the intended Theater project; might be a Mack-Rides X-Treme Spinning Coaster based on The Wolfman.

Past tidbits have been previously discussed by Alicia Stella at TPS and by paying attention to Inside Universal, as from the rumor: it also seems like there may be the possibility that Dark Universe will go into a different shade altogether come nightfalls for the land, going more in-line with Halloween Horror Night's.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad