Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Would probably the cheapest to just refund part of the pass to the people that complained and keep it out of the courts and media.

I thought someone tried this last year and lost?

Cedar Fair deserves this. They are a low ethics company. No refunds in 2020’when parks were closed. An ethical company gives refunds if they can’t provide the advertised product.

They constantly fakes advertise/bait and switch with their park hours and early closures as well.

They have disclaimers so its all legal. But it’s not ethical The insurance industry is another example of an industry with unethical legal practices.

Cedar Fair decided to finance themselves through 2020 with customers money instead of ethically offering refunds. I’m sure some families could have used those funds to help them in 2020

If management has human decency refunds can be given for unused sales. I worked in an outdoor sport industry where common practice was no refunds. But I worked for a good man that offered refunds if events were cancelled. Because he was an ethical person. Plus customers don’t come back when someone takes their money for nothing.

At the end of the day I can always look myself in the mirror knowing that I have never taken someone’s money for nothing in return. Cedar Fair management cannot. It’s not just them. It’s the industry”s accepted unethical business practices

This post violates ParkFans' rules regarding personal attacks. This user has received a warning for this post.
Cedar Fair deserves this. They are a low ethics company. No refunds in 2020’when parks were closed. An ethical company gives refunds if they can’t provide the advertised product.

They constantly fakes advertise/bait and switch with their park hours and early closures as well.

They have disclaimers so its all legal. But it’s not ethical The insurance industry is another example of an industry with unethical legal practices.

Cedar Fair decided to finance themselves through 2020 with customers money instead of ethically offering refunds. I’m sure some families could have used those funds to help them in 2020

If management has human decency refunds can be given for unused sales. I worked in an outdoor sport industry where common practice was no refunds. But I worked for a good man that offered refunds if events were cancelled. Because he was an ethical person. Plus customers don’t come back when someone takes their money for nothing.

At the end of the day I can always look myself in the mirror knowing that I have never taken someone’s money for nothing in return. Cedar Fair management cannot. It’s not just them. It’s the industry”s accepted unethical business practices

Hahahahaha you're full of shit and it's getting to be downright hilarious that you fail to understand reality. /S

They clearly state on their terms page and the card itself that the operating schedule is subject to change without notice. Therefore, you can take your judgemental crap and stick it elsewhere.

Or, in the parlance of a certain simulator ride character: ..."filthy troll"

Reactions: Coasternerd

They extended our passes for a full year to compensate for the missed time. So, they did not, in fact, take “someone’s money for nothing in return.”

I think everyone on this Forum knows that you are incredibly angry at KD, so I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish by lashing out in every thread that might provide an opening for your (largely data/evidence-free) rants.

Hahahahaha you're full of shit and it's getting to be downright hilarious that you fail to understand reality. /S

They clearly state on their terms page and the card itself that the operating schedule is subject to change without notice. Therefore, you can take your judgemental crap and stick it elsewhere.

Or, in the parlance of a certain simulator ride character: ..."filthy troll"
Obviously you don’t read or can’t comprehend English.

I clearly said what they do is legal, but it’s unethical. The sleazy disclaimer makes it legal. It doesn’t make it ethical

They extended our passes for a full year to compensate for the missed time. So, they did not, in fact, take “someone’s money for nothing in return.”

I think everyone on this Forum knows that you are incredibly angry at KD, so I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish by lashing out in every thread that might provide an opening for your (largely data/evidence-free) rants.
If people were not able to attend in 2021 they took their money. I am assuming these people fall in that category

I love KD park and think the management is incompetent and actually crooked. They have screwed mr out of vacation time and travel funds with their mystery closures. I will spread the word everywhere possible so other people don’t waste effort traveling their. It’s a park for locals that don’t care if the can’t stay open because they can come back easily.

There are probably exceptions, but most 2020 pass holders were still able to go to the park in 2021.

I agree that there are issues with how most (all?) of the parks where I have passes handled COVID. I tend to think that no one knew from week to week what was going to happen next, how the federal and local governments were going to respond, how long any set of rules and conditions would last, what the long and short term effects would be on the economy and people’s jobs, etc. So, it was hard for everyone to plan and make financial/business decisions.

Does that make CF’s approach right? Maybe not and it certainly deserves a fulsome debate, which we have had here.

But a reasonable debate never includes angry name calling, which appears to be the bulk of your posts. Very few people are interested in discussing substantive issues with someone who merely wishes to sling insults. All you have done is undermine your own credibility.

You have told us over and over that you are mad at KD, and you say you are never going back. Cool. It seems that your problem is solved. I don’t know where you live, but presumably you have alternatives, so I don’t understand why you come back day after day to post in our CF sub-fora the same angry rants against parks you never plan to visit again.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad