Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Looks like Haustop shows have been cancelled today too. It’s no longer on the app or website.

Attachments

• 15DBF691-43FF-42EA-BBD0-3F2775A5DAAE.png
    15DBF691-43FF-42EA-BBD0-3F2775A5DAAE.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Sad
Reactions: Zachary
Looks like all shows are supposed to be back on tomorrow…

Attachments

• 0BEBA64F-B35B-4C2D-A034-FD3B5BF9FF70.png
    0BEBA64F-B35B-4C2D-A034-FD3B5BF9FF70.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Covid exposure among several cast members is what I have heard.
I originally thought Onto Us was cancelled on Wed because of the predicted rain, although it didn’t rain until 8:30.

It being cancelled n Friday with no rain predicted backs up your statement.

I hope everyone is ok.

Celtic Fyre is also out Friday. Haustop is short a vocalist and dancer.

I just looked and only Haustop and Twas that night are scheduled for the rest of the weekend

Last edited:
I actually was not aware as I come in from the 199 side of 60 so hit the over flow and went right in. That is an interesting choice as I would have assumed that they were being shot from the boneyard like in the summer. I guess maybe they are afraid of a fire again.
Could this also be a result of that rumored entertainment building?

Tonight was it for Celtic Fyre. They announced at 6:15pm that they were having a special New Years Eve Celtic Fyre show at 7pm. The show began with an announcement “We hope you enjoy this modified version of Celtic Fyre”.

From the pictures, obviously a large part of the cast was gone. Only 11 performers total, 3 of which were the band. They had 3 Irish dancers (2 guys and 1 girl) and Joann (no Jack) from America. There were no bride and groom, so it was a New Year’s Eve party and Joann was just a friend from America. Significant portions of the dancing during the beginning of the show as well as the fruitcake song were cut. Run time was about 23 minutes versus the usual 30 minutes.

Overall a great show still and the cast that was there performed exceptionally well. The audience was very receptive to all the changes.

Attachments

• B520A521-5731-49EA-BC80-BC15B68449A0.jpeg
    B520A521-5731-49EA-BC80-BC15B68449A0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 05939DB5-1BD9-4389-BC98-E7B49137872D.jpeg
    05939DB5-1BD9-4389-BC98-E7B49137872D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • C5C2586F-7A69-4C4F-94B8-CD99DA5D0C3D.jpeg
    C5C2586F-7A69-4C4F-94B8-CD99DA5D0C3D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2404.MOV
    91.3 MB
  • 1DEFD86E-77F8-45E6-9CFC-8B46A8EB2E9F.jpeg
    1DEFD86E-77F8-45E6-9CFC-8B46A8EB2E9F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Tonight was it for Celtic Fyre. They announced at 6:15pm that they were having a special New Years Eve Celtic Fyre show at 7pm. The show began with an announcement “We hope you enjoy this modified version of Celtic Fyre”.

From the pictures, obviously a large part of the cast was gone. Only 11 performers total, 3 of which were the band. They had 3 Irish dancers (2 guys and 1 girl) and Joann (no Jack) from America. There were no bride and groom, so it was a New Year’s Eve party and Joann was just a friend from America. Significant portions of the dancing during the beginning of the show as well as the fruitcake song were cut. Run time was about 23 minutes versus the usual 30 minutes.

Overall a great show still and the cast that was there performed exceptionally well. The audience was very receptive to all the changes.
Wow I wish they had decided it earlier and I would have tried to be there but it is what is under the current situation. How sure are you that it's the last? I theory with a little luck they could be back next week under the current CDC guidelines. Yes I fully admit that is very unlikely but I am curious if you have any hard sourcing that it's the last.

Last edited:
Wow I wish they had decided it earlier and I would have tried to be there but it is what is under the current situation. How sure are you that it's the last? I theory with a little luck they could be back next week under the current CDC guidelines. Yes I fully admit that is very unlikely but I am curious if you have any hard sourcing that it's the last.
Source is a guy in line that was wearing a Celtic Fyre jacket. He was pretty knowledgable about the show changes for tonight, so I assume he was on the inside or close to someone on the inside. Perhaps not the most credible source, but given they have no shows posted for the next 2 days on the website and app, it’s definitely possible that today was it.

Next weekend is Winter Weekends; Christmas Town ends this weekend, so I doubt they’d be back next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: horsesboy
I visited CT a few nights ago for the first time this season. For the most part, I felt the event wasn't as scaled-back as I expected from reviews on the forum. Most areas felt roughly the same to me as in previous seasons. There were some small details missing, like fewer Christmas trees along the path and less garland in certain areas like Killarney, but if I weren't a such a regular visitor to CT for so many years, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I really liked Celtic Fyre's Christmas overlay. Considering the show's popularity and the park's apparent inability to produce a quality show nowadays, I think this show was a perfect move by the park. I wish they'd gone a little farther with the little details to make the show more Christmas-y, like wrapping the boxes that the "keys man" drops at the beginning of the show to make them look like Christmas presents, or swapping out the jazz song in the American tap-dancing section with a jazzy rendition of Jingle Bells or something. But overall I loved the set decorations, costume changes, instrument changes, and lighting changes (anyone else notice the snowflake patterns projected on the stage?). The song changes were great, too, perfectly matching the energy of the two songs they replaced (especially the fact that they maintained the interactive clapping from "Wild Rover."), and the "Christmas In Killarney" encore at the end fit like a glove and was so much fun.

Rhinefeld's new candy cane look was wonderful, in my opinion. It brings a lot more brightness to the area than the rainbow-colored lights the area always had before, and it was a refreshing change. The new music playing in the area also did a great job of reflecting the area's lighter, more understated mood. It's nice to see that the park still has some creativity left to come up with this new appearance, when they easily could have just kept it the same as always.

Twas That Night is as great as ever. Elvis always looks like he's having so much fun up there. The show is also as popular as ever too -- the Royal Palace Theater was largely filled even on the fairly low-crowd, misty night that I visited. Between the music, sets, choreography, and all the creative storytelling in this show, I'm still blown away by how lucky we are to have this Disney-caliber show at BGW.

Aquitaine looked like crap. What happened here? It's the only area of the park that I felt was massively downgraded from previous seasons. The area consisted of virtually nothing but that old snowman prop that's been moved around CT for ages, minimal rainbow lights lining the buildings, and a just few very tiny and generic Christmas props thrown here and there. They even recycled the same playlist from DarKastle's Santa meet-and-greet queue as the area's atmospheric music. The area was dark, empty, and thoroughly unimpressive. What happened to the area's usual 12 Days of Christmas overlay, which was one of CT's most imaginative and elaborate overlays? Did something happen to all those props? Did the park just run out of time and resources to put them up? And was this really the best replacement they could have come up with?

Polar Pathway was also notably scaled back. Huge sections didn't have lights at all, notably the side of the building facing Sesame Street, and enormous sections of lights also weren't lit. The light strands draping down the building also looked unevenly spaced and many were strewn about haphazardly, as if they'd been thrown up in a rush and no one took the time to go back and straighten things out. I suspect that's exactly what happened. Disappointing, since this is usually the most incredible aspect of CT in my opinion, and this year it just looked phoned in.

On a more positive note, another one of my favorite CT displays, the super-bright tree in San Marco near the Festa bridge, looked as beautiful as ever. Glad they put full effort into that one.

Food operations were dismal, but that's been noted here plenty of times already. The fact that the park is only operating three restaurants that serve actual meals right now (Trapper's, Festhaus, and Marco Polo's), with minimal snack locations open, is embarrassing. Crazy to be living in a world where KD offers distinctly more variety and better quality food than BGW.

All criticisms aside, I still had a good time at CT, although I'm content with only having visited once this year. With half the shows cancelled (presumably due to COVID outbreaks among the cast), I saw everything I wanted to see in about 4 hours. The event isn't bad, and it wasn't the trainwreck I expected after reading the forum, but it just doesn't seem to have the same magic it used to have.

Last edited:
I visited CT a few nights ago for the first time this season. For the most part, I felt the event wasn't as scaled-back as I expected from reviews on the forum. Most areas felt roughly the same to me as in previous seasons. There were some small details missing, like fewer Christmas trees along the path and less garland in certain areas like Killarney, but if I weren't a such a regular visitor to CT for so many years, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I really liked Celtic Fyre's Christmas overlay. Considering the show's popularity and the park's apparent inability to produce a quality show nowadays, I think this show was a perfect move by the park. I wish they'd gone a little farther with the little details to make the show more Christmas-y, like wrapping the boxes that the "keys man" drops at the beginning of the show to make them look like Christmas presents, or swapping out the jazz song in the American tap-dancing section with a jazzy rendition of Jingle Bells or something. But overall I loved the set decorations, costume changes, instrument changes, and lighting changes (anyone else notice the snowflake patterns projected on the stage?). The song changes were great, too, perfectly matching the energy of the two songs they replaced (especially the fact that they maintained the interactive clapping from "Wild Rover."), and the "Christmas In Killarney" encore at the end fit like a glove and was so much fun.

Rhinefeld's new candy cane look was wonderful, in my opinion. It brings a lot more brightness to the area than the rainbow-colored lights the area always had before, and it was a refreshing change. The new music playing in the area also did a great job of reflecting the area's lighter, more understated mood. It's nice to see that the park still has some creativity left to come up with this new appearance, when they easily could have just kept it the same as always.

Twas That Night is as great as ever. Elvis always looks like he's having so much fun up there. The show is also as popular as ever too -- the Royal Palace Theater was largely filled even on the fairly low-crowd, misty night that I visited. Between the music, sets, choreography, and all the creative storytelling in this show, I'm still blown away by how lucky we are to have this Disney-caliber show at BGW.

Aquitaine looked like crap. What happened here? It's the only area of the park that I felt was massively downgraded from previous seasons. The area consisted of virtually nothing but that old snowman prop that's been moved around CT for ages, minimal rainbow lights lining the buildings, and a just few very tiny and generic Christmas props thrown here and there. They even recycled the same playlist from DarKastle's Santa meet-and-greet queue as the area's atmospheric music. The area was dark, empty, and thoroughly unimpressive. What happened to the area's usual 12 Days of Christmas overlay, which was one of CT's most imaginative and elaborate overlays? Did something happen to all those props? Did the park just run out of time and resources to put them up? And was this really the best replacement they could have come up with?

Polar Pathway was also notably scaled back. Huge sections didn't have lights at all, notably the side of the building facing Sesame Street, and enormous sections of lights also weren't lit. The light strands draping down the building also looked unevenly spaced and many were strewn about haphazardly, as if they'd been thrown up in a rush and no one took the time to go back and straighten things out. I suspect that's exactly what happened. Disappointing, since this is usually the most incredible aspect of CT in my opinion, and this year it just looked phoned in.

On a more positive note, another one of my favorite CT displays, the super-bright tree in San Marco near the Festa bridge, looked as beautiful as ever. Glad they put full effort into that one.

Food operations were dismal, but that's been noted here plenty of times already. The fact that the park is only operating three restaurants that serve actual meals right now (Trapper's, Festhaus, and Marco Polo's), with minimal snack locations open, is embarrassing. Crazy to be living in a world where KD offers distinctly more variety and better quality food than BGW.

All criticisms aside, I still had a good time at CT, although I'm content with only having visited once this year. With half the shows cancelled (presumably due to COVID outbreaks among the cast), I saw everything I wanted to see in about 4 hours. The event isn't bad, and it wasn't the trainwreck I expected after reading the forum, but it just doesn't seem to have the same magic it used to have.
It’s far from a train wreck but also far from the top quality premier event it was even 5-6 years ago. All the little cutbacks add up to an event rating demotion.

Especially when BGs higher pricing is considered

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad