Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Yes, some of the best ones we have are the hugs and handskakes before the actual photo or the intimidation looks with Vader or Ren. Another thing I like is they will take your photo with the photopass camera then either take a photo with yours or allow you the time to take it yourself or even a selfie without rushing you away or saying "next family" before you are done.

Reactions: BGWnut
Love how these random posts try to get things back on the rails, anyone have and merch photos? lol

I got one pin of the wreath that I liked, but other than that nothing to me is even remotely interesting. Cheap looking glitter covered plastic crap just doesn't do it for me. One thing I do collect is coffee mugs, I wish CT had a decent one.

So. Has anyone picked up any good CT merch this year?

Funny you mention it! We picked-up the cutest red truck piece that was being sold in the Emporium in England. It is basically a snow globe that you can turn on and off. Got it as a gift for my mother. Gave it to her early to use a centerpiece for her dining room. She loves it! Will post picture when I visit her on Christmas Day.

FWIW in the photography debate during opening weekend I walked in and my mom took photos on her phone of me and my sister with rudolph and bumble

So. Has anyone picked up any good CT merch this year?
We got some Rudolph stuff, snow globe's, a Jim Shore like display scene and some of the small bags we use for Christmas gifts. I would like to see better Christmas Town shirts and coffee mugs. I think using coaster mascots with Santa hats etc would pretty cool. Looking at you Nessie.

So last night I did see a decent coffee mug design and I dont remember seeing it before last night and there were tons of them out. Its was one of the tapered ceramic mugs. I prefer the standard size and shape ones though, not as easy to spill.

Speaking of unique gifts, anyone heard anything about the candle carver? I really miss watching him work, hope he is back at it by next season.

Reactions: deacfan31
So last night I did see a decent coffee mug design and I dont remember seeing it before last night and there were tons of them out. Its was one of the tapered ceramic mugs. I prefer the standard size and shape ones though, not as easy to spill.

Speaking of unique gifts, anyone heard anything about the candle carver? I really miss watching him work, hope he is back at it by next season.
I have seen the candle carver a number of times this CT. Don't know when he is supposed to be there. I have probably seen him half of the times I have been in the trading post. He could have been off, at lunch or already went home the times I haven't seen him.

It would also be nice if those photographers would take the photo as well as taking one with your phone if you wanted. Many many people take photos infront of the tree and post them online, thats free advertising. But although I dont do many characters like Santa or Rudolph the one time a couple yearsago that I didthe team member at the door told us to have our cameras ready buy then when I asked at Rudolph I was told no photos and when I tried to take my own the guy kept putting his hand infront of me....he then followed me to Cornelious and did the same thing. We havent been back since to see if thats the norm or what. I have also seen the same type of thing where they do the horse, owl or whatever outside the stables. You can not be inside the gate and take a photo with your personal camera.

hahaha there is 0.0% that actually happened. No chance a guy is putting his hand in front of your camera to not take a picture.
Zero. Point. Zero.

hahaha there is 0.0% that actually happened. No chance a guy is putting his hand in front of your camera to not take a picture.
Zero. Point. Zero.
Well I have like 10 photos somewhere like that....and I would post them except they show faces of team members. You calling me a liar?

Well I have like 10 photos somewhere like that....and I would post them except they show faces of team members. You calling me a liar?

Photos that contain team members are generally considered fine as long as you’re not actively outing them or calling them out for something. If your photos show the face of the person who was doing the blocking, it would be preferable that you blur or block his face, but other than that feel free to post the photos if you find them. I’d love to see @Beachokie proven wrong here after accusing you of lying with literally no evidence or knowledge of the situation at all. Hell, if you don’t want to share them publicly, sent them over to me and I’ll vouch for you.

Frankly, like @Joe said, given what I’ve seen at BGW before, this doesn’t strike me as outlandish.

Zero. Point. Zero.
I had a guy aggressively to block me taking photos with the horses few years back then he threatened to call security on me unless showed hi my photos and deleted. Funny how he cared less when I pointed out the security camera and said I be more then happy to wait and have a talk with them.

I don’t think it is very surprising that overzealous employees occasionally take it upon themselves to enforce rules that they think should exist. BGW doesn’t offer the best compensation packages, and probably can’t always hire the best people. Honestly, every large organization has a few problematic staff. The more often you visit the park, the more likely you are to encounter one.

Zero. Point. Zero.
I love witnessing the birth of a new self-pwn meme. Little slice of history.

Reactions: BGWnut
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad