Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
You know what would make it super interesting, if BGW had a contest designing new shows. Have them pick say 5 new songs and then provide the layout (channel numbers and descriptors) to anyone that wanted to enter. Then each person designs a show and submits it to BGW.Then one night play each show and have the park guests vote and the winner gets to tweak their show using the actual display then its played for the remainder of the season.
Its a win for BGW because they get a free show.

That could be a cool idea, especially if it makes that particular light show look less generic. Maybe they could do that somewhere in Holiday Hills, given the “home-made” vibe of that area.

None of the lighting in Holiday Hills is set up like that. Also thats the point of Holiday Hills, the retro look before all this LED high tech stuff.

Reactions: Alf33
LED is good when done right. Saves energy by a lot, lasts longer. Can look just as good.

I'd consider it a good development, not just "high tech stuff".

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
LED while it does all of that can not duplicate the warm glow of a incandescent C7or C9 bulb. Also the LED lasts longer in Christmas lighting is only partially right. While the actual diode will last for 50,000 or more the design of most christmas lighting on the marked will not last that long. The problem lies in corossion, there is no heat produced by LEDs so they dont dry themselves out. I have over 100,000 lights in a combination of LED and incandescent in everything from micro lights to C-9, strobes, LED strobes, you name it its probably in my display. 99% of the time when I have a set fail I find a socket that has rusted up and the wire broke off. I have about 10,000 lights laid out on my roof, half are colored LED half are incandescent white, all were brand new and are about 8 seasons old. Very rarely do I have problems with the white lights but I have about 3-5 sections a week go out on the LEDs and its always corossion. BGW should never go LED in Holiday Hills, there is a diffrence. FYI for Holiday Hills many of those blow mold decorations were made by General Foam Plastics in Norfolk Va. The company closed that location about 2 years ago. They sold direbtly to the public for a short time every year after Halloween. You could get blowmolds sold online for $50 for around $10.

LED while it does all of that can not duplicate the warm glow of a incandescent C7or C9 bulb. Also the LED lasts longer in Christmas lighting is only partially right. While the actual diode will last for 50,000 or more the design of most christmas lighting on the marked will not last that long. The problem lies in corossion, there is no heat produced by LEDs so they dont dry themselves out. I have over 100,000 lights in a combination of LED and incandescent in everything from micro lights to C-9, strobes, LED strobes, you name it its probably in my display. 99% of the time when I have a set fail I find a socket that has rusted up and the wire broke off. I have about 10,000 lights laid out on my roof, half are colored LED half are incandescent white, all were brand new and are about 8 seasons old. Very rarely do I have problems with the white lights but I have about 3-5 sections a week go out on the LEDs and its always corossion. BGW should never go LED in Holiday Hills, there is a diffrence. FYI for Holiday Hills many of those blow mold decorations were made by General Foam Plastics in Norfolk Va. The company closed that location about 2 years ago. They sold direbtly to the public for a short time every year after Halloween. You could get blowmolds sold online for $50 for around $10.
LED is good when done right.

Since General Foam went out of business those blow molds have drastically increased in price. I removed my General Foam Santa and reindeer from display because they were being stolen from displays here in Forsyth County NC.

• Sad
Reactions: tursiops
Since General Foam went out of business those blow molds have drastically increased in price. I removed my General Foam Santa and reindeer from display because they were being stolen from displays here in Forsyth County NC.
I never though I would have to spend as much as I have on security on my display. Numerous infrared beams, movement detectors on certain pieces and dozens of cameras. The nice thing though is everything is automated so once I enable the show it does its thing every night.

This is the last contracted year for TTN and I am hearing rumors that corporate has told the park it's to expensive and not to renew.

• Sad
Reactions: Flyer and Alf33
They could just replicate it without paying Elvis Stojko. He's the reason that show is so expensive and really the person on contract. They could save a lot of money by cutting him. Maybe that's what the word from corporate is actually that they shouldn't renew his contract and they should revamp the show slightly without him there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad