2019 Christmas Town

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Alf33

Life is short, so eat dessert first.
Jun 8, 2013
Some preparations for CT are underway. Seen that some sections of the fencing along the RR tracks have the same lights up. The section that starts right after you pass Pompeii, some of the sections behind the Black Forest picnic area and that short, last section right before the RR crossing before InvadR. Also those globe lights were on the train trestle next to Griffon and LNM.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018
Didn't the event get pushed back a week because of the extended HOS weekend?
No it didn't. Member sneak peak is still scheduled for November 15th with CT opening to everyone on November 16th. They just cut into their transition time.

Reactions: Zachary
Jun 6, 2013
That was already an improbably fast turnaround, now i don't think there is any chance they will be ready. I'm doubting we'll see many changes, as i would assume that would require more time. I do hope the park starts tweaking some areas so that it doesn't get too stale.

Sep 24, 2018
That was already an improbably fast turnaround, now i don't think there is any chance they will be ready. I'm doubting we'll see many changes, as i would assume that would require more time. I do hope the park starts tweaking some areas so that it doesn't get too stale.
With Festa being closed the entire weekend I will assume that all of Festa will be done before the weekend. After that I think they could begin the process of placing trees in the park. They just won't be turning in the lights. If they do both of those steps is should help in the transition. There is already a lot of CT stuff that is lying under the HOS stuff as that it how they normally have it set up.

Reactions: tursiops
Nov 24, 2009
In past years the last weekend or so of HOS you have seen trees appearing. I think by HOS staying open we will just see a little more Christmas that last weekend of HOS and a little less Christmas the first weekend of CT. Hust like everything they do now it takes a few weeks for everything to be ready. To me the most interesting part will be the bar in front of the Festhaus, I bet that is gone that last weekend. Even though Busch is lazy and just plugs it in basically without adding any new programming it still takes a couple days to get the tree all up.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
I'm looking forward to my Nightmare before Christmas experience.
To be honest, if they'd pay for the licensing they could effectively blend the seasons and stay open through January.

I'm too lazy to flesh out the full idea, but something like where half the park has the licensed IP that is designed to transition from the spooky parts to the Christmas parts by changing out the character costumes which effectively would transition from scare to holiday cheer.

They make it the only section open during the HOS to CT transition, since it's already transitioned rather quickly. The rest of the park would make the transition essentially behind the scenes then open when ready. I'd figure the rest of the park would take about 2 to 3 weeks depending on what sections get the IP and what else would need to be converted.

Dec 20, 2018
With Festa being closed the entire weekend I will assume that all of Festa will be done before the weekend. After that I think they could begin the process of placing trees in the park. They just won't be turning in the lights. If they do both of those steps is should help in the transition. There is already a lot of CT stuff that is lying under the HOS stuff as that it how they normally have it set up.
What weekend is Festa closed?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad