2019 Christmas Town

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Merboy

Silver Donor
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
www.thelanternlight.com
Quick question, but there are five of us going to Christmas Town this year. One has a Premier Membership and two have the old Basic Fun Card/Annual Pass, and two have no passes at all.

I know the Premier Pass will provide entry to CT for he alone , but I'm not sure if there is any discount or special offers for the Fun Card holders. The fine print says "Select special events not included" which leads me to believe CT would not be covered. As for buying tickets solely for visiting CT all I can see on the website is that Memberships include that event... How much is CT historically?

As for the two other muggles who have nothing, is there any bring-a-no-maj offer or what?

May 9, 2019
Quick question, but there are five of us going to Christmas Town this year. One has a Premier Membership and two have the old Basic Fun Card/Annual Pass, and two have no passes at all.

I know the Premier Pass will provide entry to CT for he alone , but I'm not sure if there is any discount or special offers for the Fun Card holders. The fine print says "Select special events not included" which leads me to believe CT would not be covered. As for buying tickets solely for visiting CT all I can see on the website is that Memberships include that event... How much is CT historically?

As for the two other muggles who have nothing, is there any bring-a-no-maj offer or what?
If memory serves me correctly, the single day ticket for Christmas Town is on the order of $20 and $50-ish for the "Christmas Season" pass. So the typical if you are going more than twice, then it is better to buy the "season" pass approach applies.

I know in the past I have gotten a bring-a-friend discount for Christmas Town, but this was in the days before CT being included with Platinum/Premier Pass plans, but I do not see that listed as a "benefit" of pass membership listed on their site.

The membership naming changes have done nothing to clarify the benefits in any clear manner and it seems each year is a new policy for Christmas Town; hopefully this will be settling down with the inclusion of CT into the pass benefits.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merboy

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Right now the only CT pass benefit listed is a free ornament. It doesn't say whether the third free guest pass is for Fall or Winter.

That said...

They have been failing completely at following the concept behind the Memberships, so I wouldn't be surprised to see free guest passes added.

Also, they instituted a dynamic pricing system for CT single day tickets. So, when they publish the calendar of prices, you can pick a cheaper day, if it fits in your schedule. Just buy them as soon as you can, because in theory they should increase in price as sales increase.

Lastly, look for process-breaking discounts before CT starts. They defeat the purpose of dynamic pricing, but they are good deals.

Mar 16, 2016
I don’t know if their Clydesdales are able to do this; but I wish that they had space to do a “Hollywood” snow, lights, and a horse drawn carriage upcharge experience. Yes I would pay for that.

Reactions: Nicole

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Zoo was planning to do horse-drawn "sleigh rides" (read: carriage rides) during Christmas Town and hay rides during Howl-O-Scream back when the Highland Stables renovation debuted (2010?) and even announced it to media during an event. Nothing ever came of it though unfortunately.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Considering PETA has page after page of anti-horse drawn carriage "facts" I'd assume that is one mitigating factor. 🤐

Additionally, numerous cities have banned or highly limited the practice.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
Is it just me or does it look like BGW put no effort into taking lights off the buildings. They even left the fence things up along the train route still

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Zoo was planning to do horse-drawn "sleigh rides" (read: carriage rides) during Christmas Town and hay rides during Howl-O-Scream back when the Highland Stables renovation debuted (2010?) and even announced it to media during an event. Nothing ever came of it though unfortunately.
I was once a big fan of this idea but based on info that I don't feel comfortable sharing expect to that the info has nothing to do with physical health or well being of the animals, I am not a fan of this any longer. Not against the idea as whole but I think going the route of an outside company that specializes in this type of thing like KD did for Winterfest is the way to go instead of using the Clydesdales.
Considering PETA has page after page of anti-horse drawn carriage "facts" I'd assume that is one mitigating factor. 🤐

Additionally, numerous cities have banned or highly limited the practice.
Many of PETA and the groups opposing these activities would not be an issue in an enclosed park setting which is not the same as saying they would agree with the idea just that many of the augments that have been used in the past would be minimal here

Mar 16, 2016
Not against the idea as whole but I think going the route of an outside company that specializes in this type of thing like KD did for Winterfest is the way to go instead of using the Clydesdales
I’ll claim honest ignorance here in that I thought BGW Clydesdales were retired A-B Clydesdales that pulled the retro beer truck.

Maybe they can find a professional company that has Clydesdales to use. Biggest issue as @Celticdog pointed out that I agree with is how to do it without going through were people are.

Sep 24, 2018
The Clydesdales at BGW are all Clydesdales that AB didn't want to keep because they have very strict definition about what a Budweiser Clydesdale can look like.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
The Clydesdales at BGW are all Clydesdales that AB didn't want to keep because they have very strict definition about what a Budweiser Clydesdale can look like.
No they are not. They were bought from someone independently of AB after AB was separated from the park. They use to have AB Clydesdales but those left when AB was bought out the current ones have no relation what so ever to the AB Clydesdales.

Reactions: Zachary and sereniv

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I’ll claim honest ignorance here in that I thought BGW Clydesdales were retired A-B Clydesdales that pulled the retro beer truck.

Maybe they can find a professional company that has Clydesdales to use. Biggest issue as @Celticdog pointed out that I agree with is how to do it without going through were people are.
You would be partially correct 10 years ago. Back then BGW was an active part of AB's Clydesdale program. They had both young and retired ones as well as ones that were part of active hitch teams. Don't believe we ever had any of the TV star ones but we did have ones that were on the traveling hitch team of the East coast. That ended when AB was bought out and the park was sold off the current ones where then bn purchased independently from AB.

Last edited:
Login or Register to Hide This Ad