2018 Christmas Town

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Dec 13, 2013
Anyone have thoughts on how busy tomorrow (Jan1) will be? Due to having a baby in Oct we did not visit for HOS or CT. Contemplating making the 5 hr trip (each way) tomorrow for a quick fix, and stein renewal. If it will be packed, we are considerably less-inclined to put ourselves through it.

Thanks all, and happy new year to you!

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Anyone have thoughts on how busy tomorrow (Jan1) will be? Due to having a baby in Oct we did not visit for HOS or CT. Contemplating making the 5 hr trip (each way) tomorrow for a quick fix, and stein renewal. If it will be packed, we are considerably less-inclined to put ourselves through it.

Thanks all, and happy new year to you!
Normally it's slow but the weather should be nice so it might be more crowded. It's also open the 4th and 5th which it hasn't been in the past so those days are likely dead days.

Reactions: whanna
Apr 16, 2017
I am not sure I am completely buying the weight issue. The train get stuck at the crossing alot and has to stop and has no issues. Personally I still feel that given th.ge current park layout heather downs would have been a better choice of a station to use. Back when they single stationed it for Halloween there wasn't much around Ngvew France the addition of Invadr changed that.
heatherdowns isnt the wieght problem, its festa station. the trains cant stop and start at festa and make it through the incline at the festhaus park. if they start and stop at heatherdowns they can speed up and have enough speed and momentum to make it through.

heatherdowns is a much tighter space. at least craibou can use le scoots queue and has a large open pathway adjacent to the restrooms. heatherdowns is extremely cramped with next to no pathway space or queue space other than the station which is also extremely smaller than caribou.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
heatherdowns isnt the wieght problem, its festa station. the trains cant stop and start at festa and make it through the incline at the festhaus park. if they start and stop at heatherdowns they can speed up and have enough speed and momentum to make it through.

heatherdowns is a much tighter space. at least craibou can use le scoots queue and has a large open pathway adjacent to the restrooms. heatherdowns is extremely cramped with next to no pathway space or queue space other than the station which is also extremely smaller than caribou.
I have to disagree about no queue space. They could easily use the almost completely unused path between the stables snd Nessie to snake out a queue line. You could also station people at the track crossing and run it into Nessie's Queue and get the crowds almost completely out of the paths that are in use.

Apr 16, 2017
not with the clydesdale photo op taking up literally any space left behind, or blocking the lil clydes ride

Jul 13, 2017
On another note, is Christmas Town often/ever closed due to rain? Thinking about going Friday, but it looks to be a very rainy day. TIA
I talked with a BGW employee in the funnel cake shop in Germany last weekend and she said that people were still there last Friday, Dec. 28 when it was pouring buckets.

Reactions: BBW
Nov 24, 2009
I dont think just rain will close the park....if its pouring but there are are plenty of people spending money they will be open.....but if it is just drizzling and no one is there they will close dure you "guests safety and the storm".

Aug 1, 2010
Seven Pines, Virginia
Does anyone have a good feel for how busy the park will be tomorrow? I know its a Saturday and historically Saturdays are pretty busy. Its also the last operating day, last day of Christmastown and nice weather. It all seems to point to a busy day. Am I wrong in my thought process?

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Does anyone have a good feel for how busy the park will be tomorrow? I know its a Saturday and historically Saturdays are pretty busy. Its also the last operating day, last day of Christmastown and nice weather. It all seems to point to a busy day. Am I wrong in my thought process?
Both today amd Saturday were late minute adds so I going to bet it's slow.

Reactions: Celticdog
Nov 24, 2009
With rain forcasts of 95% and the chance for thunderstorms this afternoon evening combined with the fact that most people dont even know the park is open today or are over Christmas and have no interest in seeing Santa or Gloria a week into January I think the park will be dead empty. I would actually be suprised if they dont close at 7pm or so. Tomorrow we are going since someone needs to pick up their stein and the weather will be nice. I still think tomorrow will be desserted.

Jul 13, 2017
Right or wrong, I look at how tickets are priced for a specific day to try to gauge attendance. Single day ticket sales for tomorrow are still at the lowest price point, $30 but the VIP parking is at $39 which is one of the higher price points. So, basically, a crap shoot for crowds. If I had to guess, I would say it is probably going to be similar to the crowd levels on Preview Day. There were people there but very manageable. Not the most empty I have ever seen it but pleasant. My 3 yr old and I are going again tomorrow so I'm hoping for low volume.

Aug 1, 2010
Seven Pines, Virginia
Right or wrong, I look at how tickets are priced for a specific day to try to gauge attendance. Single day ticket sales for tomorrow are still at the lowest price point, $30 but the VIP parking is at $39 which is one of the higher price points. So, basically, a crap shoot for crowds. If I had to guess, I would say it is probably going to be similar to the crowd levels on Preview Day. There were people there but very manageable. Not the most empty I have ever seen it but pleasant. My 3 yr old and I are going again tomorrow so I'm hoping for low volume.
I didn't even think about checking the ticket sales calendar. Thanks, for reminding me. I think we'll still go and maybe get some good deals on merchandise.

Reactions: lilleape
Jul 13, 2017
Does anyone know why the little stand in Italy that's used for gelato during the regular season wasn't advertised as a place for seasonal brews and festive beverages? I totally missed it the first two times I was there but the vin brule was REALLY good and I'm bummed I didn't know about it!

Nov 24, 2009
They have zero history for predictions on this weekend. I think it could be anyones guess as to how many people show up.

BBW

Jun 10, 2010
Dinwiddie County, VA
DH and I will be there. Just couldn't drag myself to the 'Burg today in the rain, though I bet the crowd was very light today. Hope tomorrow will be manageable.

Last Sunday was fantastic -- just right -- not empty but not shoulder-to-shoulder. Though we weren't willing to wait for the train or the skyride, however -- those lines were pretty long.

I'm happy they are open this late in the season -- to me, Christmas events can last through Epiphany and not seem too late. I hope it will be a nice cap off of the season.

Reactions: SMcS
Login or Register to Hide This Ad