Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 23, 2019
I know this might be a hard one to answer. I have never been to any of the pass holder preview events and I probably only have 1 trip to CT this year. Would it be a bad idea to use that 1 chance to go on preview night? I'd hate to go when things aren't open due to a limited crowd.

I know this might be a hard one to answer. I have never been to any of the pass holder preview events and I probably only have 1 trip to CT this year. Would it be a bad idea to use that 1 chance to go on preview night? I'd hate to go when things aren't open due to a limited crowd.

Pro's to the preview - Smaller crowds, nothing is sold out, short lines

Con's to the preview - no guarantee everything is open, chances that not all the lights are up, chance they are short staffed, chance that not all shows are ready

I'll say I am lucky enough to go a few times a season, and I like going for the preview night for shopping reasons. Pretty much anything I want to get anyone (from the specialty stands, where I do a bulk of Christmas shopping) is going to be available in the shops. If there's something I really want to do (riding something, seeing something, or eating something) I know it's going to be easy. That being said, I've yet to go to any preview night and see everything 100% ready for 'prime time' showing. If your kids can handle lines for things like shows, Santa, maybe some rides; then I would brave the crowds and go later in the season. Then you know everything is up and going full out and you didn't accidentally miss something.

Also, just to add to what @warfelg said (which I totally agree with—never make preview day your only day)...

Depending on what days of the week you can visit, it likely won't be all that difficult to find a day with relatively light crowds.

Reactions: Alf33 and warfelg
Nic beat me to it. As long as you go with the above expectations then you should not be disappointed.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad