Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 23, 2009
This thread will be for Christmas Town 2009 discussions.

Anyone excited about having the chance to ride Griffon when BGW will be the only park open in the area during this time period? Do you think the fact that no other parks in the area will be open will draw in visitors, or do you think it will be mostly locals?

Also, take a look at the dining options on the Christmas Town website, I'm torn between Oktoberfest and Ireland dining options. I guess I'll have to visit often enough to try them both.

RE: Christmas Town

The fact that Griffon is the only coaster that is open does not make me happy at all.I do not like Griffon, and i think that if any coaster is open and available it should be Alpengeist. For one point is is my favorite coaster, but more importantly it has the whole ski lodge theme and the snow goes along with the Christmas theme.
For an answer to the other question i think that this year it will; attract a good amount of out of time visitors because it is the first year busch is doing it. Every year after this one should attract out of town guests also because lots of family's come to town during Christmas time for the holidays and people like to visit theme parks.

Yoshi said:
The fact that Griffon is the only coaster that is open does not make me happy at all.I do not like Griffon, and i think that if any coaster is open and available it should be Alpengeist. For one point is is my favorite coaster, but more importantly it has the whole ski lodge theme and the snow goes along with the Christmas theme.
For an answer to the other question i think that this year it will; attract a good amount of out of time visitors because it is the first year busch is doing it. Every year after this one should attract out of town guests also because lots of family's come to town during Christmas time for the holidays and people like to visit theme parks.

I've got to agree with you on the preference for Alpengeist to be open rather than Griffon.

Make that a fourth on the Alpengeist point. However, they tear down all the trains of each of the coasters completely during the off season. It might be that with Griffon being so new, they are not planning on taking them apart until later. (I learned all kinds of interesting things on the coaster tour! I will post and in depth account soon!)

My husband and I are looking to see if we can squeeze a trip up to Christmas Town. Half price for passholders is better than nothing, like Scarowinds used to be at Carowinds. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they do. (I wish I had a better connection here at work that wouldn't take forever to load the site. Ugh!)

Is there any indication that they'll have the wolves out? They would LOVE that weather.

kcracken said:
Make that a fourth on the Alpengeist point. However, they tear down all the trains of each of the coasters completely during the off season. It might be that with Griffon being so new, they are not planning on taking them apart until later. (I learned all kinds of interesting things on the coaster tour! I will post and in depth account soon!)

My husband and I are looking to see if we can squeeze a trip up to Christmas Town. Half price for passholders is better than nothing, like Scarowinds used to be at Carowinds. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they do. (I wish I had a better connection here at work that wouldn't take forever to load the site. Ugh!)

Is there any indication that they'll have the wolves out? They would LOVE that weather.

Not sure about the wolves, I've sent an email to the communications department about it, I should hear back fairly soon. I do know that there will be penguins in France though. Not 100% exactly where in France, but I'd imagine it will be in the Royal Palace Theater most likely.

It looks like the theming for France during Christmas Town will be a "modern" one.

The Italian sections of the park will be closed, including the San Marco bridge from Oktoberfest. It's likely that we won't be able to see the removal of Big Bad Wolf going on, but it will probably be happening during this time.

So, according to the Busch Gardens wolf trainer blog, the wolves remain in the park year round, so they will definitely be there during Christmas Town, not sure if there will be a show or not though.

It would be cool to see them that time of year. I'm not a big fan of the show, but it would be nice to have them walking around Wolf Valley.

I've gotten official word that there will be no shows, tours or exhibits involving the wolves during Christmas Town.

amn41 said:
Hope I get to make it there during Christmas Town

Yeah, you'll have to make it for at least one day, at the very least just so you can get into the park during a time it's always been closed.

I'm wondering if the water is going to be there for the splash down during Christmas Town. I know it acts as a natural brake along with looking good, but in December, it can get pretty cold.

Chris said:
amn41 said:
Hope I get to make it there during Christmas Town

Yeah, you'll have to make it for at least one day, at the very least just so you can get into the park during a time it's always been closed.

Yea, not sure when though.... I live in PA and it's a 6 1/2 hour drive....
Tonight I'm leaving for Howl-o-Scream, I'll be there till' the 11th, ....... CAN'T WAIT!!!

I'm looking forward to Christmas town. When I got our season passes they were giving away free 1 day passes. So we'll see if it's worth paying to go again. I am kind of looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

Chris said:
kcracken said:

Not sure about the wolves, I've sent an email to the communications department about it, I should hear back fairly soon. I do know that there will be penguins in France though. Not 100% exactly where in France, but I'd imagine it will be in the Royal Palace Theater most likely.

It looks like the theming for France during Christmas Town will be a "modern" one.

The Italian sections of the park will be closed, including the San Marco bridge from Oktoberfest. It's likely that we won't be able to see the removal of Big Bad Wolf going on, but it will probably be happening during this time.

Well not entirely true. You will be able to see the BBW station, and if the train is running during this time you may be able to see if they hav done any work down by the water.

Wings said:
Chris said:
kcracken said:

Well not entirely true. You will be able to see the BBW station, and if the train is running during this time you may be able to see if they hav done any work down by the water.

According to the Christmas Town website the train will be open. It's supposed to be one of the main attractions that takes you to the "North Pole" of New France. I'm sure we'll get to see any progress they have made.

I went to the season pass holder's weekend 3 or 4 years ago on a cold cold day and it happened to be lightly snowing for an hour or so that morning. It was so cold in fact that Loch Ness was the only coaster that could run until around noon. Let me tell you, it is FUN riding a coaster while its snowing but it STINGS!!!

Im really looking forward to getting to experience the park during winter rather than right at the end of it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad