Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 17, 2010
So, plans for BGT's official 2011 project are continually leaking. Sources verify the name to be "Cheetaka," and that it will obviously be themed to cheetahs with launch sections and a new cheetah exhibit.

Do you guys think this project will be something like what we see up here in Williamsburg. Rumors have been indicative that something like a launch may be in play here. Share your thoughts and rumors about the BGT expansion that you have heard below.

RE: Cheetaka

I'm pretty excited about this new ride. I plan on taking a trip down to Tampa either this october or waiting until next may/june. Any rumors as to when the ride will be done? It should be done FAST. ;)

pandorazboxx said:
I'm pretty excited about this new ride. I plan on taking a trip down to Tampa either this october or waiting until next may/june. Any rumors as to when the ride will be done? It should be done FAST. ;)

I am flying down for a few days in November, I will be sure to get some pictures if I make it to the park!

So I'm hoping that this thread can be used for updates and pictures about the BGT project so that we can guess about what will be coming up to Williamsburg. We can safely infer that the coasters will be sister rides. So far we know:

-Cheetah themed
-Multi-launched
-At least 4,000 ft long
-Green track
-Yellow supports

Please feel free to add to this compilation, I'm probably missing info as I am not following the project that closely, hence why I want this area of the forums to provide some info about it. This will also be a place to put in the codes for the online clips for buschgardens2011.com so we can sneak some peaks. So far, we have:

Clip 1: CHASE
Clip 2: RUSH
Clip 3: GRACE

"Chase" and "Rush" make sense to me, but "Grace" is quite quizzical to me.

Franco said:
So I'm hoping that this thread can be used for updates and pictures about the BGT project so that we can guess about what will be coming up to Williamsburg. We can safely infer that the coasters will be sister rides. So far we know:

-Cheetah themed
-Multi-launched
-At least 4,000 ft long
-Green track
-Yellow supports

Please feel free to add to this compilation, I'm probably missing info as I am not following the project that closely, hence why I want this area of the forums to provide some info about it. This will also be a place to put in the codes for the online clips for buschgardens2011.com so we can sneak some peaks. So far, we have:

Clip 1: CHASE
Clip 2: RUSH
Clip 3: GRACE

"Chase" and "Rush" make sense to me, but "Grace" is quite quizzical to me.

cheetahs run with grace

The fourth code is now in. It is POWER. This clip shows off one of Cheetaka's launches and also, an inversion! Clip 5 now appears on the site, but of course, it is locked. What do you guys think of the new development? How does this relate to our own Project 2012?

So, news was recently announced for the ride. It will not be named Cheetaka, as previously thought, instead it will be called Cheetah Hunt. Personally, I hate the name and think that it is the only bad roller coaster name a Busch park has ever come up with (aside from the coasters at SWSA). The press release notes the ride will attain a maximum height of 102 feet with its largest drop coming in at 140.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? "Colorful" Language? (That was for you, Swift.) :p

The restraints that they put on the ride are going to make or break the ride. If they are i305-like Intamin OTSR the ride is doomed.

I read somewhere that the height limit was 48 in, would it be possible for this type of coaster to have restraints like Millennium Force?

They mentioned the restrains will be similar to Kingda Ka's restraints on their facebook page, but have since deleted it. Now they just mention that it will be a lap bar. looks like the I305 soft restraints.

I hope its like I305s strap restraunts not the old I305 hard orange restraints

The logo is out and...it looks like crap.

c_12.jpg

Not interesting at all. I'm still sure that Cheetaka would have opened up the opportunities for a more dynamic logo. But this....ugh. I'm hoping it is just a prototype logo or something.

Thanks for posting, and yes it looks absolutely terrible. Also, who put the period at the end of the slogan?! :dodgy:

I hope Williamsburg learns from these dreaded Tampa mistakes. Bad name, bad logo. Does anyone else think the track design was made with the only point to be the "longest coaster in Florida?" Not even a very impressive feat, if you ask me. I don't care about a pointless barrel roll or random twists (I think you mentioned that, Swiftman). I just want a well-designed and fun roller coaster that is family-friendly but thrilling enough to compete with KD's new rides like I-305. It may not be a great coaster, but it could certainly draw a lot of attendance away from a Busch Gardens that is lacking solid new thrill rides.

Maybe to you coaster critics the name/logo/ride seems lame, but the GP will eat it up and enjoy it. It looks like a fun ride to me. I'm excited about the multiple launches during the ride. I imagine a Williamsburg version will play up the landscaping aspect and include a dive over the Rhine.

pandorazboxx said:
Maybe to you coaster critics the name/logo/ride seems lame, but the GP will eat it up and enjoy it.

Well, as a prospective Art/Graphic Design student, I was judging the logo from that point of view. And it just doesn't look interesting to me, or say much about the ride. It could be A LOT better.

The ride itself...it looks fun. But for a ride that is trying to create hype about its speed, 60mph doesn't sound that fast to me, unless it keeps that speed throughout the ride. (For the record Sheikra is faster.) I do like how with a 48" height limit it will appeal to a wide audience. (But then again, that also means longer lines, ugh.) I hope the restraints are NOT those Intamin OTSRs on rides such as Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and Maverick, I really hate those restraints. Here's hoping for lap bars or I305 style OTSRs. I do want this ride to turn out to be good, but I don't think it will open in time for Spring Break, so I won't be able to tell for myself. :sadface:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad