Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 30, 2013
Maryland
[split] Cheetah Run

I got to ride this for the first time last week and wow! What a ride! I love rides like cheeta hunt that are perfectly smooth, so that you only concentrate on the force of the launches and the airtime over hills. I know that everyone on this site is going to dissagree with me and think I'm crazy, but I thought that Cheeta Hunt was better themed than Verbolten, and twice as good of a ride. On Verbolten I feel like on on a rollercoaster that gets shot into an ugly building and just spins around in circles. The whole story has never made much sense to me - it just seems like a bunch of leaves are thrown in your face. On cheeta hunt, I actually feel like a cheeta. You shoot off to the screetch of a cheeta screeching then reach the top of the hill and slowly circle your pray before shooting off again. You bound across the plains chasing your pray before hopping side to side as you gracefully maneuver through the ravine before shooting off again with one last burst of speed to catch your prey. The last launch especially feels like a final leap to catch your prey. I think that there's more to the theming of a ride than the decorations. Sometimes the design of a ride speaks louder than it's set pieces in my opinion. If Verbolten had you twisting from side to side - blocked at every turn, maybe it would have the same effect for me. Anyway I just thought cheeta hunt was an incredible ride.

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Cheetah Hunt concept art! Click here! This site did a bunch of design projects for Busch. Check em out. They're all awesome.

I'm glad the park didn't go for this one. It looks awful.
Cheetah_allwork2_Page_09.jpg

I guess the ride was gonna be more Egyptian themed than cheetah themed.
spirit_front.jpg

My favorite of the four designs.
cheetah-launch1.jpg

Aug 28, 2012
Chantilly
Was just watching them feature this ride on Insane Coaster Wars and noticed as they were describing the park they also had a front seat POV of Manta for a short time... Guess they didn't realize it's not at BGT.  Oh well, just thought I'd share.:)

Aug 30, 2014
Barcelona
Cheetah Hunt is one of the rides that I want to try out firts in my visit. I followed the construction day by day few years ago, and it's a dream ride it!

Reactions: Nicole
Aug 28, 2012
Chantilly
It kills me how slow they are at sending the trains out of the station on this ride. I understand that both trains need to be ready before they can send them and I know that the guests don't really help much, but there just seemed to be no sense of urgency. I compare this ride to another Intamin dual load coaster, Maverick at CP, where they get the trains in and out of the station in minimal time.

Feb 9, 2013
Most of BGT's ride ops just seem like dead souls walking around. I don't think I've seen one of them smiling or happy at anytime.

Reactions: Viktor
I gave Busch Gardens Tampa a visit about a week ago *shmoney dances commence*, and I was highly impressed with the park itself. Cheetah Hunt was my favorite ride and I could tell it was many others favorite since the line was 90 minutes right when the park opened and the ShieKra was about 15 minutes the entire day. I loved how there were 3 launches on Cheetah Hunt. Personally, launch coasters are my favorites so that's mainly the reason I liked this one so much. I've also never quite seen a coaster that goes up during the ride as much as CH did.

May 17, 2012
I went on this ride on Monday, and good lord, it was worth the hour long wait. I am glad I didn't read about this in advance, because the multiple drops in places I wasn't expecting rocks! For what it's worth, I sat in the last row.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2011
I'm glad I never waited more than 15 minutes to ride it but I always end up at BGT on a fairly slow day. If the park is busy this ride has the absolute worst line in the park and as sunchild said the operations and capacity are pretty horrid.

As far as the ride itself goes, I like it but don't love it. I really hate the fact the ONE stupid inversion caused this ride to have OTSRs and the only good pop of air I find is on the tiny hill after the last launch in the back seat.

Mar 9, 2010
From my experience last year, the water section is sometimes up and running, and other times not. Very inconsistent, until late last year. Like @Connor said, it could because of 2021 construction.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad