Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Devin Olson Media created an amazing Verbolten Documentary, a fantastic Christmas Town promotional video, and a steller story about Outlaw Run. How did we miss his take on Cheetah Hunt?

Take a look:

http://youtu.be/S51vHEyQCS4

Let the Cheetah Hunt discussion proceed:

I went to BGT for the first time last year; I found Cheetah Hunt kind of unimpressive compared to every other roller coaster in the park.

Odd, I thought CH was one of the best coasters in the park when I rode. Montu beat it out, but I had a hard time deciding between whether or not Kumba was better. CH's Rhino Rally portion and surprise forcefulness ultimately won out.

I thought Cheetah Hunt was okay at best. It's definitely not as good as the B&Ms in the park. I hate the stupid and pointless inversion on it. Had they kept that mess off they would've had a lapbar only ride!

Reactions: UncleDuncan
Unagi said:
I thought Cheetah Hunt was okay at best. It's definitely not as good as the B&Ms in the park. I hate the stupid and pointless inversion on it. Had they kept that mess off they would've had a lapbar only ride!

I don't even know if altering the ride as you suggest would change my opinion on it. If it were up to me, I'd tell them to start over from scratch. It's just... Boring.

I wasn't impressed with this ride. I thought that the best part was the figure 8 thing, but after that I thought it was a little boring. My family liked it, but I didn't.

The OTSRs really aren't bad at all. A bit killer on the legs toward the end and they will dig into your shoulders if you keep your hands up for too long, but I prefer them over the bulky B&M OTSRs.

I thought it was a very good ride. Now I'm glad we got Verbolten, and I think that Verbolten is an awesome ride. I love the ride itself, and the one thing that I really like is how it begins with a launch. It really takes your breath away, because you don't know that it is coming like you do with Verbolten. Now don't get me wrong I love Verbolten, and wouldn't trade it for Cheetah Hunt any day. There are a lot of cool elements on this ride, and I love the "magic carpet" effect that it has, and I especially love that it goes through the old Rhino Rally. I know it is not the best ride in the park, but we have to remember that this was supposed to be a family ride, so don't be surprised when it's not as thrilling as you think it's going to be.(Same with your complaints about Verbolten) However there is one reason why I'm glad we did not get a ride like this. First of all I love the launch system on Verbolten, and the sound it makes feels like it goes with the theme. I glad we didn't get the SWISSSHHHH! system. Also, Cheetah Hunt is a maintenance Nightmare, and you maybe thinking that Verbolten was bad. However, the amount of problems Verbolten had when it first opened, is the amount of problems that Cheetah Hunt has on a regular bases. And you would think that Verbolten would be worse, because of the first Drop Track in America thing, but Cheetah Hunt is almost 3 times as worse. Other then that I think the ride is great.

Someone on BGT's facebook page posted an image of Cheetah Hunt's (and Cheetah Run) construction very early in it's process:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200453891970006&set=p.10200453891970006&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F1185855_10200453891970006_526391255_n.jpg&size=720%2C540

The link should work whether or not you are on facebook.

Reactions: Hoopla
Bill said:
Someone on BGT's facebook page posted an image of Cheetah Hunt's (and Cheetah Run) construction very early in it's process:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200453891970006&set=p.10200453891970006&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F1185855_10200453891970006_526391255_n.jpg&size=720%2C540

The link should work whether or not you are on facebook.

That pic was circulated during the early construction phases. I can't remember which site posted it first but I clearly remember the excavation around that tree.

Oh yes, we must save that one tree :p I just find it amusing how there is just that one tree there with a patch of green and even a nice white fence surrounded by all these construction work.

[split] Cheetah Run

I got to ride this for the first time last week and wow! What a ride! I love rides like cheeta hunt that are perfectly smooth, so that you only concentrate on the force of the launches and the airtime over hills. I know that everyone on this site is going to dissagree with me and think I'm crazy, but I thought that Cheeta Hunt was better themed than Verbolten, and twice as good of a ride. On Verbolten I feel like on on a rollercoaster that gets shot into an ugly building and just spins around in circles. The whole story has never made much sense to me - it just seems like a bunch of leaves are thrown in your face. On cheeta hunt, I actually feel like a cheeta. You shoot off to the screetch of a cheeta screeching then reach the top of the hill and slowly circle your pray before shooting off again. You bound across the plains chasing your pray before hopping side to side as you gracefully maneuver through the ravine before shooting off again with one last burst of speed to catch your prey. The last launch especially feels like a final leap to catch your prey. I think that there's more to the theming of a ride than the decorations. Sometimes the design of a ride speaks louder than it's set pieces in my opinion. If Verbolten had you twisting from side to side - blocked at every turn, maybe it would have the same effect for me. Anyway I just thought cheeta hunt was an incredible ride.

Cheetah Hunt concept art! Click here! This site did a bunch of design projects for Busch. Check em out. They're all awesome.

I'm glad the park didn't go for this one. It looks awful.
Cheetah_allwork2_Page_09.jpg

I guess the ride was gonna be more Egyptian themed than cheetah themed.
spirit_front.jpg

My favorite of the four designs.
cheetah-launch1.jpg

Was just watching them feature this ride on Insane Coaster Wars and noticed as they were describing the park they also had a front seat POV of Manta for a short time... Guess they didn't realize it's not at BGT.  Oh well, just thought I'd share.:)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad