Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

zanderman72

Silver Donor
Oct 3, 2015
Howdy! Just a quick reminder for anyone going to the park tomorrow that Busch has changed the requirements for parking. They sent out an email a few weeks ago that stated with the year pass you now have to present your photo-id. My guess is that they hooked up the photo entry system for the park up to the parking...which might make waiting for parking longer :/.  Anyway, just make sure you don't forget ID :).

Attachments

• change.png
    change.png
    232.1 KB · Views: 53
well that's silly. When my daughter goes with my mother, who has a fun card, they use my daughter's pass for parking. She doesn't have a photo I'd. She's six. If the photo system is hooked up to the parking booths, shouldn't that eliminate the need for a photo I'd, since your picture pops up?

I'm not sure I've seen any evidence that they are doing anything beyond comparing the name on the pass with the photo ID.

MAZ, my stepdaughter got an IdentiKids when she was really young.

Reactions: ce23693 and MAZ
For those who went this weekend, did the new parking rule have a noticeable impact? Delays, etc? Platinum members, are they asking for ID at the employee entrance as well?

lazerdoc said:
For those who went this weekend, did the new parking rule have a noticeable impact? Delays, etc? Platinum members, are they asking for ID at the employee entrance as well?

I came into the park at about 12:30 yesterday and the toll line seemed longer than usual for the crowd that was there.

Reactions: jornor and lazerdoc
Nicole said:
I think it will move more quickly, once people get used to presenting their IDs with their passes.  I gave them both at once, and it took no longer than normal.

You're right. Maybe it won't be that bad. :)

Reactions: jornor and Nicole
MAZ said:
well that's silly. When my daughter goes with my mother, who has a fun card, they use my daughter's pass for parking. She doesn't have a photo I'd. She's six. If the photo system is hooked up to the parking booths, shouldn't that eliminate the need for a photo I'd, since your picture pops up?

My parents (fun passes only) are planning on taking my kids who have platinum passes. Are they still letting them use my kids passes for parking with no ID?

Was this change really necessary? I'm not being snarky- I'm really asking. I just can't fathom that that many people shared passes to get free parking so as to actually warrant complicating the parking process.

Joe said:
Was this change really necessary? I'm not being snarky- I'm really asking. I just can't fathom that that many people shared passes to get free parking so as to actually warrant complicating the parking process.

I agree with you that jt seems a little over the top. My question is why if they were going to go this route not do it like KD does and have your photo come up on the computer with every use of your pass? This seems like a far more officiant way of doing it.

I actually think that verifying id was probably necessary. I would not be surprised if they start asking for id when you use the annual pass for shopping and dinning discounts.

I do think that they should just figure out how to bring up your picture at all he booths instead of asking for an id. Maybe that will be in the future.

I'm not really sure why this is necessary either, though I'm sure the park has a reason, and probably data to back it up. If they had signage up to remind passholders, it might speed things up by not having people digging around for their IDs. I just give them my pass and ID at the same time and it doesn't take any longer than usual to get me through.

On a side note, on Friday I had the gate attendant question my pass. I have always hated the flimsy plastic passes they issue, so the last time we were in SeaWorld, we opted to pay a couple of bucks for the hard plastic, credit card style passes.
https://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/mako/education-and-conservation/guy-harvey
The gate attendant tried to tell me this wasn't SeaWorld and my pass wasn't valid there XD I assured her it was, and to please try scanning it. She seemed to have no idea SW and BG were related. No big deal, just amusing.

I have actually been in the car with people who knew that they were supposed to show ID with their pass, and still refused to get one out, unless the attendant asked for it. So, I'd say that some of the added delay is due to the selfishness and/or stupidity of the people in the cars in front of you. I hand over my ID with my pass, as well, and it takes no more time than before.

Also, that story about the plastic SEAS pass is kinda amazing.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad