Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Celtic Celebration far exceeded my expectations. Whoever put this presentation together obviously understands what guests loved about each of the shows featured. It‘s evident that they considered not only which songs were the most popular from each show, but even which costumes were the most memorable and tried to feature as many as possible in this one program.

For example: the number that I call the “woodland fairy scene” from Emerald Beat with the white dresses (my favorite part of that show) did not make it into this presentation, but the costumes were featured briefly in a different song. They did the same thing with the iconic green dresses from Celtic Fyre.

Another thing of note is how much the live instrumentalists added to some of the numbers. Even though Emerald Beat still has one of my favorite soundtracks from the park, it was amazing to me to become conscious of how flat it could have sounded if they only relied on the pre-recorded soundtrack. Celtic Fyre started a wonderful trend by including some live musicians, and I’m glad that this production followed suit all the way through.

Overall, I’m very impressed with the love that went into this show, and it gives me hope that the park is still fully capable of pulling together great show products in the future.

I don't want like a ton of spoilers but I gotta know, is No Nay Never in the show?

Is that screen like off in the distance? Curious how that works from the other side

Is that screen like off in the distance? Curious how that works from the other side

Yep. There's a big projector and screen in the back. Only effective from the front, but BGW has been closing the back of the building on lower capacity days so it makes some sense.

Reactions: Ice
To me it doesn't add much, but hey they have had a projector fetish the past few years (rthe atrocity that is the Rhinefeld clock during HoS).

Ironic how DK needed refurb such as new projectors to stay relevant, they said "heck no", and dumped projectors literally everywhere else. Yes I'm still salty and will be my whole life, deal with it

Disclaimer: These photos suck. First time shooting a show with my new camera, bad seats, back half of Das Festhaus, etc. Postin' them anyway though because BGWFans readers are well adjusted to mediocrity. I'll try to do a better job at some point before the show closes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Zachary, those pictures are great.. certainly nothing to be ashamed of. It's funny how they have a cow over video now. I was just looking of footage I have of Gloria a few years ago and Fiends when it was in Abby Stone Theater. I use a professional level camera and it is big enough they had to see it. I kind of thought the shows in the Festhaus were "fair game" for video. What if you take a DSLR and put it in video mode. How would they know?

What if you take a DSLR and put it in video mode. How would they know?

Staff has come over and asked if I'm filming video before when I've just been shooting photos. I could lie and they wouldn't know, but honestly, getting the video isn't the problem. We could easily, stealthily film a show if we wanted to. That said, that risk doesn't really benefit us at all because the moment we post it, BGW will know we filmed it and copyright strike us. They've hit BGWFans' YouTube channel multiple times now with copyright strikes—even when there are other recordings of the same show already on YouTube that they leave completely untouched.

Yeah, it's basically just targeted harassment because it's BGWFans content and yeah, it's totally unfair, but we sorta have to pick our battles. Show recordings are one I've reluctantly given up on—the risk vs. reward is just really hard for BGWFans to justify. ?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad