Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Changing the launch is what I bet is happening. The language of “as you know it” seems rather key to me.

Such a long and narrow plot of land it’s hard to imagine any type of track modification going on unless it’s updating to the double spine style too.

I'm sad I will never have had the chance to experience it in original form. I have ridden Kingda Ka, though, so I got most of the experience, at least. I am finally really planning a trip next year to CP and KI, so I hope it's new form will be done by then.

Reactions: Furyous Baco 325
I last went on this back in 2003 with my mom and dad. It was life changing for me at the time, and I will cherish that trip.

Whatever they do to improve it, I hope it stays true to that magic, even as technology has improved. I will assume they could likely pivot to Formula E theming and the new launch system will play into that, now that electric cars and speed are now synonymous...could be interesting!

Reactions: 92ramsfan
Idea-
World's largest swing launch, using LSMs and a new spire behind the station.
Honestly I think you probably aren't too far off. My guess would be them adding a spike and a quick switch track, then using LSMs instead of the hydraulic launch you would basically do the Pantheon swing launch.

That could be a pretty interesting ride. Plus we know that Intamin has already designed a ride to do something similar (see Drachenspire). That's what I see basically Drachenspire but with a top hat.

Honestly I think you probably aren't too far off. My guess would be them adding a spike and a quick switch track, then using LSMs instead of the hydraulic launch you would basically do the Pantheon swing launch.

That could be a pretty interesting ride. Plus we know that Intamin has already designed a ride to do something similar (see Drachenspire). That's what I see basically Drachenspire but with a top hat.
God, could you imagine if they did basically Drachenspire before Drachenspire?

Drachenspire but full circuit would be an improvement. Might even get the park to reconsider their plans.
Let’s hope it happens then. I don’t hate either Drachenspires plans or TTD. But they both feel more like tools to get a record rather than an actual full ride.

The funniest TTD “speculation“ I saw someone make is they are going to keep the launch and top hat, then mash it up with Magnum to get all the way back to the station. I saw another one say they should take down MF and use the island to run out TTD.

Seems like going the Ice Breaker route makes the most sense, but it involves moving a part of the track and station to make it work.

I think if they leave the tophat and redo the rest it might be pretty cool. Reverse launch with a beyond vertical spike (maybe 75-80 degrees), then a airtime/speed hill after the top hat, followed by something like an outerbank turn could make the ride a bit more interesting.

Last edited:
A swing launch alone could be pretty crazy. First launch of say 150-200’, then a backwards spike of 200-250’, followed by going the full 420’.

Big issue is this probably involves CP working with Intamin again.

I think a replacement of the launch system is all but guaranteed, and Intamin has proven the ability to do an LSM swing launch with a switch track. I don't know if the rear spire would be necessary, but it would certainly add thrill to the experience.

Another thought, I do not think that they would have made this announcement if they were simply only replacing the launch mechanism.... I think there's more to it. I don't think it's entirely impossible they add the equivalent of another coaster between the top hat return and the final brake run.

I think an LSM and swing launch with a rear spire is most likely to happen. I believe there were construction markings by the rear of the station that extended closer to Iron Dragon, right?

I don't realistically see any major track modifications on this ride - perhaps maybe adding some bracing or modifying the cross-section a little if they do implement some other kind of propulsion system.

Still though, unless they put LSM stators up the top hat pull-up, I don't see how they're going to fling the trains high enough. Also, that would likely dramatically increase power consumption in the park.

Maybe they get different trains and a revamped cable launch system?

The spike would seem better than running LSMs up the vertical track. With a backward spike, gravity alone would get the train into the 70-80mph range greatly reducing power needs on the final launch over the top.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad