Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So dumb question, Zamperla Spinning coasters don't have the ability to do curved turns like this; right? Unless if this is going to be a Next-Gen model of the coaster type?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
newting-jpg.27447

The Boardwalk
From the simple pleasures of swimming and sunbathing in the late-1800’s to the modern-day roller coasters, rides, waterpark, signature events and multi-day fun of today’s resort destination – the Cedar Point Beach has been the anchor of both the park’s history and traditional summer vacations for so many families. In 2023, this history is celebrated in a whole new way with the introduction of The Boardwalk.

The Boardwalk joins Cedar Point as an entirely new area of the park. You’ll step into a modern-day take on the experience of yesteryear. Enjoy new ride experiences, including the Wild Mouse family coaster and revitalized family attractions, Cedar Point’s Grand Pavilion – a new dining venue, roaming entertainment and the sights and sounds of our classic beachside resort. The Boardwalk is scheduled to debut on the park’s opening day in May, 2023.
cp-wildmouse-cta.jpg
Wild Mouse
Spins, dips, drops, turns…and CHEESE – the new Wild Mouse coaster has it all! America’s Roller Coast® gets even coast-ier in 2023 as you climb aboard themed cars that spin 360 degrees as they navigate a wild and crazy game of “cat and mouse” – all in search of cheese. No two rides will be the same. How many times will your car spin? Find out when you ride Wild Mouse, the 18th and newest roller coaster at Cedar Point.
cp-grandpavilion-cta.jpg
Cedar Point’s Grand Pavilion
In its heyday, the original Grand Pavilion, opened in 1888, served as the center of entertainment for thousands of summer visitors. Cedar Point’s Grand Pavilion, a new and modern version, will feature many characteristics of the original. The bi-level complex will be home to a new restaurant featuring culinary items not found anywhere else in the park (plus traditional favorites), a waterfront bar for relaxation and conversation, indoor and outdoor seating, plus viewing decks with unparalleled views of Cedar Point and the Lake Erie shoreline.
cp-morefamilyfun-ctav2.jpg
More Family Fun
Become immersed in the classic feel of The Boardwalk with a collection of family rides that are quintessential Cedar Point. Two existing family attractions, Matterhorn and Scrambler, will be relocated to The Boardwalk with Scrambler receiving a refresh and new name: Atomic Scrambler. The Tiki Twirl spinning ride will also be refreshed and renamed as former park classic Calypso. These rides join the new Wild Mouse, Giant Wheel, Troika, Dodgem, GateKeeper and WindSeeker in the park’s new hub for a full range of pint-sized to giant-sized thrills for the whole family.

Source: Official Website

I like this. I wonder if they will clear out the midway in front of it to eventually grow this area some more.

Overall I like what CF is doing of smaller rides, more of a package, and theming out an area. But is it really enough of an area? They need to continually add to these areas and grow these ideas.

I like this. I wonder if they will clear out the midway in front of it to eventually grow this area some more.

Overall I like what CF is doing of smaller rides, more of a package, and theming out an area. But is it really enough of an area? They need to continually add to these areas and grow these ideas.
This is just another step in the direction I've seen Cedar Point/Fair going in for many years. Cedar Point is going to become more of the resort with a lot less focus on the major thrill rides and KI is going to be the park getting the new thrill rides. It's still going to be a process over many years but I think this is a good direction. I personally don't think CP will see another major coaster for a very long time and I'm absolutely fine with that. In all honesty, I kind of have a feeling that Jungle-X was somewhat of a test bed for this and over the next 10-15 years I could see Cedar Point becoming more of what BGW used to be.

This is just another step in the direction I've seen Cedar Point/Fair going in for many years. Cedar Point is going to become more of the resort with a lot less focus on the major thrill rides and KI is going to be the park getting the new thrill rides. It's still going to be a process over many years but I think this is a good direction. I personally don't think CP will see another major coaster for a very long time and I'm absolutely fine with that. In all honesty, I kind of have a feeling that Jungle-X was somewhat of a test bed for this and over the next 10-15 years I could see Cedar Point becoming more of what BGW used to be.
I don’t see why KI needs thrill rides anymore than Cedar Point. The ROI on a new big ride at KI has to be close to zero at this point. I’d imagine Jungle X type work and improved food/events to also make more sense there.

I don’t see why KI needs thrill rides anymore than Cedar Point. The ROI on a new big ride at KI has to be close to zero at this point. I’d imagine Jungle X type work and improved food/events to also make more sense there.
My statement wasn't a "they're going to put more there next year" but when thrill rides are going to Ohio they are more than likely going to KI over CP. They very well could lean into theming at KI as well.... I'm just saying that I think the thrill ride focus that CP has had is shifting to KI while CP becomes a resort with a huge focus on the beach and those types of activities -- almost like a slightly inverted Wildwood, NJ

Reactions: TGOALA
My statement wasn't a "they're going to put more there next year" but when thrill rides are going to Ohio they are more than likely going to KI over CP. They very well could lean into theming at KI as well.... I'm just saying that I think the thrill ride focus that CP has had is shifting to KI while CP becomes a resort with a huge focus on the beach and those types of activities -- almost like a slightly inverted Wildwood, NJ
My premise is both CP and KI have largely maxed out in terms of thrill rides with exceptions for periodic fresh offerings. Any additional major thrill ride would probably have little to no influence on attendance, whereas events, food, shows could actually move the needle a bit.

Reactions: TGOALA
Is this the same type of wild mouse as the one at SFA? Because i will not ride that. It spins way too fast. My stomach can not handle it.

Reactions: rswashdc
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad