Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
From http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Parks_Attractions/Cars_Land_is_coming_to_DHS.htm

Cars Land is coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Shaun Thompson | Posted: Dec 5, 2012 | Updated: Dec 5, 2012 - 12:56:41 PM
While still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land. Disney opened Cars Land at Disney California Adventure back in June to rave reviews and this would be a much needed boost to DHS, which is starting to show its age.

While we don't know yet which attractions will be included with the new expansion, attractions like Radiator Springs Racers have been wildly popular and most likely would be included.

To see an overview of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure, click here.

We first reported on this rumor back in July in both a news story and on our DIS Unplugged Podcast.

Stay tuned for more information!

You don't waste any time reading jack tar everywhere else and bringing it here do you?

Allow me to clarify an otherwise wishful post(which is to be expected given the site). CarsLand has moved farther up the chain from idea to concept and working through items to get greenlit. It HAS been in a holding pattern. At first the project was full go identical to what you can find in California. In the past month it has gone into a holding patter as TDO has brought in their traditional budget hacking ways. Most notably is cutting a ride and instead of using what Cali has they have been pushing for a value engineered product. This value engineered project would feature cardboard cutout rockwork vs the tangible, beautiful, and detailed work at DCA. This is/was one of the last holdups on a greenlight. Oh yes! Monster's Inc Door Coaster sounds to be hacked for the K-Mart Blue Light Value special.

It could have been approved since I last heard a week or so ago it was still in a holding pattern but I have not touched basis with individuals to verify. I do find it very odd that it would go through so quick. Although it is fairly agreed upon and known it was designed to plop down in DHS (aka a carbon copy) from day one of DCA's planning for Florida. Have to get that in before the people start crying LEAVE CARSLAND ALLOOONEEEE like the Britney Spears guy. If it was approved under the Blue Light Special I HOPE that it will not be announced as it will yet again be another way of cheapening WDW down and cutting costs to pathetic extents. Oddly enough the name change of the announcement sends another red flag up. The What's Next conference was renamed a day or so ago to Around The World. If it is announced in the watered down manner I have heard WDW will OFFICIALLY be the laughing stock of Theme Parks vs what it once was.

The biggest catch after all of that is the source who made that post. That site is the LEADING WDW Tips/Info/News site that is not forum based as WDWm is... except that nut basket board of ***%%%%

Ben said:
^Your post confuses me, is the article I linked to credible or not?

You want to be Mr. HeavyHitterInsider but cannot grasp a post on a high level? Intriguing.

Layman's terms: Site is credible. Info I am hearing is not.

At least you could check other forums to see if they're saying the same thing about it. Usually they all chirp in sync if something like this gets out there.

I honestly thought Cars Land was nixed long ago, and that they've been looking at Star Wars for that space; potential plans were supposedly in the works long before the acquisition was formally announced... from someone who has proven to be relatively reliable.

Star Wars is going to see nothing on the East Coast for a WHILE now will west coast. Ironman has top billing as well as a frontierland e ticket. Only word I've heard of CL being nixed for SW is fanboi banter. Shoot me a PM if you do not mind. EVERYTHING I am hearing is the exact opposite.

Carsland is far from nixed but I feel not close to an announcement either(find that out soon won't we?).

Atlantis said:
You want to be Mr. HeavyHitterInsider but cannot grasp a post on a high level? Intriguing.

Layman's terms: Site is credible. Info I am hearing is not.

Look, I'm not trying to get in an argument with you. The site has a good track record and I've seen a few forums post about it, so I posted it here. But of course you have to go call out every little thing I say.

Funny how so many sites are out there with credible sources and none of them are backing this up. IF it is announced it will be a value version of Cali's. aka a big face palm by fans and parks everywhere.

I don't understand why Disney Orlando wants to cut corners. They're doing the same with New Fantasyland. It will be much less noticeable with Fantasyland since there is nothing to compare it too, but it will be blatant once we see a dumbed down Carsland. Orlando is Disney's Flagship, Orlando should always be the one to outdo the other parks. Much the same way they Tampa out does us on the reg.

Ben said:
Disney Orlando can cut corners because no matter what they do, they will still be the most popular theme park complex in the world, unless they do something REALLY stupid
Exactly - the GP and Disney fanatics will always flock there, nodding and clucking approvingly.

Hopefully, SWO and UOR's coming additions will indirectly pressure WDW to step up their game.

Reactions: Ben
Ben said:
Disney Orlando can cut corners because no matter what they do, they will still be the most popular theme park complex in the world, unless they do something REALLY stupid

Nope. Orlando's attendance is down a bit more than modestly per the Q4 stockholders conference call. Room bookings, guest spending, attendance, dining reservations, and magical express bookings are all down. Good job on thinking the same way as TDO!

REALLY stupid has already occurred. Look at Splash's current state. Walkways everywhere in the Resort. Lights out EVERYWHERE. Upping prices with adding zero. Turning off effects because it is cheaper than repairing. Putting nets up in Splash's station and over ToL walkways because they are too cheap to rehab it over the years as well as repair it when concrete begins falling. Sounds pretty stupid to me; don't ya think?

Want even more stupid? 1,500,000,000 invested by Orlando into NextGen for the parks. Sounds like they have hit the mark past stupid. Read up on some Disney items and quit ONLY looking at the fun rumors that make everything seem good.

Haberdasher1973 said:
Exactly - the GP and Disney fanatics will always flock there, nodding and clucking approvingly.

Hopefully, SWO and UOR's coming additions will indirectly pressure WDW to step up their game.

Fanatics outside of the blogger loyalists are headed to UNI/SWF heavily. It was not until recently the upper ends of TDO started pulling their hair in realization their business model is a pure plummet. Booking numbers for Q2 2013 in December 2012 are significantly lower than Q2 2012 in December 2011. You would have thought Potter1.0 would have caused them to step up. What do you get? A watered down Avatar NakedBluePeopleWorld announced 14 months ago with hardly any followup action... other than purpose leaked generic unthemed plans.

I certainly agree that upkeep is down, I noticed it when I was at the MK in June. Splash was awful looking and the park was generally lacking the charisma and charm it had since the last time I had been there

Ben said:
I certainly agree that upkeep is down, I noticed it when I was at the MK in June. Splash was awful looking and the park was generally lacking the charisma and charm it had since the last time I had been there

Which is exactly why your previous post is void. Lack of new offerings and no.. i mean slack maintenance is noticed by consumers. People are going to WDW for 10 days but spending 2-4 days NOT at WDW. Big hit on the WDW wallet because of that.

Ben said:
I understand now, People are spending 10 nights in a Disney hotel, but spend half their time in Uni or Seaworld

Exactly! The loss of in park/resort purchases HURTS as that is where the dough is raked in. Now people are venturing to hotels off property due to skyrocketing room rates at an attempt to make up the loss of business.

To make it easy.

They take a room that is actually with $65ish a night and charge $150+. When you pay the $150 you get a dining plan and tickets with at least a four night stay. They advertise it as free dining and discounted tickets. In reality you are paying more than the dining plan would cost factoring in the room's TRUE value and ticket is the same price by the time you buy a four day. It is all smoke and mirrors to make things look better than they are.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad