Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
You must be new here.

Wait until we talk about burritos.

You do you, but if the rice has decent flavor and is less than 1/3 of the contents, nbd. (Unlike every big bland rice burrito Qdoba has ever served - if I wanted that much white rice with no flavor, I'd have bought the giant bag of Uncle Ben's and made it myself...)

Bigger question is what about fusion burritos? Do you honestly expect bulgogi wrapped in tortilla to not include rice... Or even better, a curry (mmm chicken Tikka) burrito to not have it?

On topic though, is this kind of move attempting to be a paradigm shift for the industry, or more out of mistrust of employees (and/or guests)/expense to handle real cash? (Though paper money arguably can be cheaper than payment processor fees)

Apparently there is a cash shortage, which could make it hard to supply all the registers with the right amount of change.

I also would assume that most of the transactions they do are already cashless and that almost every guest is capable of making cashless transactions, which makes it an easy switch that won't upset a lot of people.

They might pay a bit more on transaction fees, but they can get rid of the whole cash infrastructure, which probably makes it worthwhile.

Is theft a big issue in theme parks? By going cashless they could avoid people swinging wallets full of hundreds of $ around, that might be stolen later causing upset guests the park would have to deal with.

One of the concerns I see in the future is now this might effect school trips and stuff. I remember going when I was young and the parents would send kids off with cash for meals and stuff. It's easy to say that adults and families at the park always have a cashless argument but are there decent easy options for youth with out parents around?

Reactions: RKRCC
Is there an option to pay for what amounts to park credits with cash at the front gate or at various points in the park?

Technically not entirely cashless, but it allows for those that don't use cards (poor credit, too young, cash preference and don't carry a card, mistrust of bank debit cards, etc - people can be weird about such things) to still make in-park purchases even if it adds an extra step or two.

You do you, but if the rice has decent flavor and is less than 1/3 of the contents, nbd. (Unlike every big bland rice burrito Qdoba has ever served - if I wanted that much white rice with no flavor, I'd have bought the giant bag of Uncle Ben's and made it myself...)

Bigger question is what about fusion burritos? Do you honestly expect bulgogi wrapped in tortilla to not include rice... Or even better, a curry (mmm chicken Tikka) burrito to not have it?

On topic though, is this kind of move attempting to be a paradigm shift for the industry, or more out of mistrust of employees (and/or guests)/expense to handle real cash? (Though paper money arguably can be cheaper than payment processor fees)
Dafuq?

Burritos = meat, toppings, and maybe sauce/guac wrapped in a ginormous tortilla. Anything else is bullshit and/or Texas/white people/corporate propaganda.

And if you don't see that, I can't help you.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad