Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I still haven’t tried copperhead. Hope it’s good
It is an incredible ride and instantly became one of my favorite launches. The park did a wonderful job whith the theme of queue too it's set up wonderfully. I am really hoping the this year turns out well enough that I can make it back down.

I really want, and could (and do) like Copperhead Strike. But the number of times we've had to walk off the line or wait upwards of 2 hours diminishes my enthusiasm for it. It is also a bit low and tight on the outer portion. If it was all like the track portions near the station, I'd be in love. It was great to get on ANY coaster last year, and Copperhead Strike was it. But I really want to try out that awesome new paint job on Intimidator. Oh, and the current (or possible) Covid operation makes the Copperhead Strike wait 10 times as bad. It was like 2 hours from the last covered queue before the steps.

Last edited:
My wait for Copperhead (pre-covid) was 45 minutes and it was completely worth it. It’s a great ride, but for me at least, I’m not sure any ride is worth a 2+ hour wait. I was also very impressed with the amount of theming put into it.

First Cedar Point and Kings Island… now Carowinds! I’m sensing a trend here… is KD next?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First Cedar Point and Kings Island… now Carowinds! I’m sensing a trend here… is KD next?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

KD has already been offering 15 an hour.

Except for a few closed rides, and the usual lazily slow ride attendants, we didn't see an impact from lack of employees yesterday. But that was with the water park still closed. We did notice a much friendlier front with most of the employees. The walk through detectors, with no baggage check, was a huge improvement.

Last edited:
How do those metal detectors work where you don't have to put your keys and phone in a bin? I feel like they go off (doesn't a red light indicate it detected metal?) and they are just saying f-it to speed things up. Am I wrong?

How do those metal detectors work where you don't have to put your keys and phone in a bin? I feel like they go off (doesn't a red light indicate it detected metal?) and they are just saying f-it to speed things up. Am I wrong?
They can adjust sensitivity on them.

So then how does that tell them anything? If they adjust it to the point where a phone and keys don't set it off, what exactly will it detect?
Usually that is for security less thick and dense metals like key and phone won't have enough of a signature to set them off but a more dense item like say a gun will. BGW for example keeps theirs set pretty high so that they don't have to bother with stopping every guest and having them remove key, phones and change or deal with belt buckles. The CF parks that I have been to have all had them cranked up so that they pickup every little thing. Interesting enough based on a couple of experiences recently at BGW it appears that the model they us at least can indicate where on a person the item is not just that there was something that set it off.

Walked through the Metal Detector last week with my phone held out in front of me and two sets of keys in my pockets with a hand full of change. Not a peep from the metal detector.

Interestingly when I got home, I realized that I had taken my "multi-tool" with me through the detector in my back pocket. Surprised I got through the metal detector. Just be sensible and you'll be fine.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad