Attraction Existing Capital Railways

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Oct 7, 2011
Aside from riding some incarnation of those tracks during Wild World’s first years of operation in 1982 or 1983, I’ve been completely out of touch with that attraction or why it’s hilarious that something is being attempted with it.

Halfabear, can you clue me in?

Reactions: Zachary

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Aside from riding some incarnation of those tracks during Wild World’s first years of operation in 1982 or 1983, I’ve been completely out of touch with that attraction or why it’s hilarious that something is being attempted with it.

Halfabear, can you clue me in?
they seem to have abandoned the steam replica they have on sight and are using a small diesel locomotive pulling a single car: the epitome of dinky.

Reactions: halfabee

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
they seem to have abandoned the steam replica they have on sight and are using a small diesel locomotive pulling a single car: the epitome of dinky.
They have been using the engine for at least 5 years now. But it's not a single car it's just the angle of the shot. I would guess the move from the steam one was out of both safety and maintenance concerns. See some on the conversation about BGW'S train fire last year for more details on that.

Attachments

Reactions: Zachary

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
They have been using the engine for at least 5 years now. But it's not a single car it's just the angle of the shot. I would guess the move from the steam one was out of both safety and maintenance concerns. See some on the conversation about BGW'S train fire last year for more details on that.
I’m well read up on that stuff. At least they aren’t running 1 car but in the picture from the link it is clearly only 1 car, you can see behind it. Must be some odd promo shot deal.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I’m well read up on that stuff. At least they aren’t running 1 car but in the picture from the link it is clearly only 1 car, you can see behind it. Must be some odd promo shot deal.
Your right the picture in the link on mobile is different then on a PC which is what I was looking at it bn on first. Weird that they used two different photos.

Apr 22, 2019
Last Sunday I was planning to ride it for the first time, but it wasn’t running. Was jus sitting at the station. I think I t started running as I was leaving after some rain, as it was no longer at the station. That was around 2 PM. Anyway it is multiple cars for sure.

Apr 22, 2019
I rode the train for the first time yesterday. It's about what I expected for SFA, except for that picnic area that I was unaware of and that appears to only be (publicly) accessible via the train? That's kind of cool. Is it just for corporate events or could you stop there and have a picnic?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad