Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I never actually went in either one before saturday (started pouring after I rode Alpie). The Village Candle Makers (i think that's what it's called) actually has a glass window so you can see an employee dipping, carving, and glazing a single candle. It was really, really neat! It took a while, but I didn't have anything else to do while it rained buckets outside! I got to talk to the lady the whole time, so I learned the secrets behind the candles. They are extremely beautiful and I highly reccomend seeing this "show" (notice the quotation marks. This is why I didn't post this in the Shows category!)

Discuss...

We usually go in there all the time and chat up the guy that runs it. You said there's a lady in there now?

He showed us some cool stuff with how he would make all the different things. Pretty neat art if you ask me. Not too expensive either.

Last year, the candle shop was set up differently. The candle-making area was on the opposite side of the shop, the wall separating the craftsperson's work area from the guests was lower (making it easier to talk with him), and the glass was much larger (making it easier to see what was being made. The newly designed shop is much less convenient for viewing and talking with the craftsperson. I liked it much better last year when we had a lot of fun in there. This summer the setup was disappointing, and we didn't stay long.

Reactions: Shafor
pandorazboxx said:
We usually go in there all the time and chat up the guy that runs it. You said there's a lady in there now?

He showed us some cool stuff with how he would make all the different things. Pretty neat art if you ask me. Not too expensive either.

Yes, there was an African American lady working in there. She was very friendly. :) The guy you're probably talking about (or, typing about, for that matter :p ) was there, too. He worked there full time. The lady made the candle, but technically only worked for BGW

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad