Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jul 22, 2010
B-Mac said:
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1066880#p1066880

I have no real comment to this, but I just thought it would be nice to show you guys what happened. Thanks to the user on TPR for having the idea to download it before the vid was removed on Youtube. Watch for a few broken rules and a lot of language.

I was hoping you would be able to see the bag that was on the track that caused it. Oh well.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
It was caused by a bag on the tracks? How on earth does a bag end up on the tracks?

Jul 22, 2010
Swiftman said:
It was caused by a bag on the tracks? How on earth does a bag end up on the tracks?

According to witness and a huge mangled bookbag under the ride it fell from the train on the loop and landed before the train hit there (probably better than hitting someone). They have the guest whose bag it was.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Disney has a European-style loose article system. They have mesh bags at your feet for loose articles but apparently it didn't work with that bag. Thankfully no one was injured (coming from someone who's been hit with almost every loose article possible at park) and they did find out who's bag that was.

After this incident I doubt Disney will allow loose articles like that again.

Jul 22, 2010
B-Mac said:
Disney has a European-style loose article system. They have mesh bags at your feet for loose articles but apparently it didn't work with that bag. Thankfully no one was injured (coming from someone who's been hit with almost every loose article possible at park) and they did find out who's bag that was.

After this incident I doubt Disney will allow loose articles like that again.

We'll know next week for a fact. I'll be in Orlando and Tampa.

Apr 30, 2010
From what I understand, California Screamin' has opened back up with no change in operating procedure.

Jul 22, 2010
Robbie said:
From what I understand, California Screamin' has opened back up with no change in operating procedure.

Disney forums are saying they are a ton more careful about what goes on the coasters. I wouldnt expect a difference in operations. It isn't like space mountain where they put catch nets in EVERYWHERE

Login or Register to Hide This Ad