Cabanas at Busch Gardens? It can't be!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's true!

Cabanas are coming to Busch Gardens this Summer. There will be four cabanas (similar to Water Country USA's design, but not color standard) situated over near the Lorikeet Glen area of the park.

Each cabana will seat four guests. Included a refridgerator with eight bottles of ice-cold water to help beat that Summer heat and stay hydrated! A locker to store all your stuff while you're away playing as well as a group photo for your memories. Now if that wasn't enough, Busch Gardens has also included four Quick Queue passes so you can get through your favorite rides faster than ever before!

Prices of these cabanas range from $99 and go to $149. Reservations can be made online or at the In-Park Reservation Center.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
All things considered, that isn't a bad price! Even if it is just the lower-end quick queues, they are $60 right there. An extra $40 for a place to cool off all day long and free water really isn't too bad of a rip-off... I suppose.

In-other-words, it is for people with a little more cash than I have. :p

Sep 23, 2009
That answers the question... http://bgwfans.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=265&pid=3371#pid3371

Aug 9, 2010
Swiftman said:
All things considered, that isn't a bad price! Even if it is just the lower-end quick queues, they are $60 right there. An extra $40 for a place to cool off all day long and free water really isn't too bad of a rip-off... I suppose.

In-other-words, it is for people with a little more cash than I have. :p
I reserved a cabana for one day and would never get it again. This was my first trip to BGW and it is just too far to travel whenever you want to rest. I also figured since they were roped off that I could leave my iphone charger plugged into the outlet, but when i came back it was gone and no one seemed concerned that I had an item stolen from a "private" part of the park. I had a great time at BGW and would like to return in the future but the cabana is not a good idea.

Jun 23, 2010
During my recent visit I discovered the Cabanas when I tried to visit the lovely garden and pond that used to be there. I was quite disappointed to find it gone and to see unused Cabanas in its place. The garden and pond was one of those quiet and beautiful areas that acted as a respite from some of the busier areas of the park. It's a little thing, but I miss it.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
I would guess that if you are having a family reunion or a company trip; a cabana would be an amazing deal.

Speaking of events to use a cabana to relax; I still wish that my wedding would have been held at Busch Gardens.. I could have tossed my bouquet off the Big Bad Wolf. Ah~ if only Ty loved coasters as much as I.

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
These cabanas really are a great deal if you have a small group and plan on being there all day. It's $100, but includes:

4 Quick Queue passes ($60 value)
8 bottles of water ($24 value)
an all day locker ($10 value)
and a picture ($20 value)

So that'd be $114 if you purchased everything separately. Plus you get shade, privacy, quiet, comfortable seating, a fridge, a fan, and electric outlet. (almost makes you wonder what the park is getting out of this?)

Jul 8, 2010
New Jersey
twitter.com
Shafor said:
These cabanas really are a great deal if you have a small group and plan on being there all day. It's $100, but includes:

So that'd be $114 if you purchased everything separately. Plus you get shade, privacy, quiet, comfortable seating, a fridge, a fan, and electric outlet. (almost makes you wonder what the park is getting out of this?)
I think if you look at how much mark-up is on all that stuff, it makes more sense for the park. They're putting out roughly... the cost of the guy who has to sweep the floor when it's done being used. Pretty easy $100 profit for them. But as someone coming into the park on a busy, hot day, it's still a good deal.

Nov 5, 2009
the QQ tix are no cost at all, the water costs like a dollar if that, the locker is already there, the pic costs no more than 5 bucks after paying the photographer, and getting the camera and film and the actual pic. Then its just the electricity which is dirt cheap.

Aug 17, 2010

I think the park gets a lot out of this. Not many people would come to the park and purchase all of the above items. Plus, the park really only "loses" money on the bottled water (and you can get free cups of water anywhere in the park.) How much do QQ passes cost? Nothing. And they're not losing much on the locker and picture. So basically, the park makes about 75 bucks off each purchase. Even though it may technically be a good deal, I would never fork over a Benjamin for a cabana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad