Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hmm I think I remember hearing something like this before. Oh yes here you go

I have some reason to believe that many of you are looking in the wrong direction. But I will stay cryptic till I have a better confirm.

actually more geographically the wrong direction.

The balloon is the high point what directions might be open to reach that high point?

I'm getting a lot of "Vekoma Junior Boomerang" out of this.

Oh, hello boneyard.

I didn't say that of course I also didn't not say that.

No more launch coaster? Maybe something… ya know… better?

Initial thoughts:

Based on where it's located, I highly doubt they'd put a resort in that location unless they're also submitting plans for public access roads as well... Which I'm imagining comes with it's own set of logistical and regulatory challenges.

Big coaster... possibly?

Multi-ride complex with a few deep supports needed?

Depending on the testing type, is it possible that they're really looking for land suitability for general construction?

If it's a guest-facing project that's not a singular ride, I got a theory though there's definitely room for doubt:

Sesame World built in the boneyard area, new FHP train station (green train can't stop at, so potential bypass track included) and mini-hamlet with a different coaster than DS (DS is dead in this plan), resort built where Sesame Place currently exists.

Definitely would need a train stop there, if they were moving the biggest kiddie area to literally the most remote corner of the park. (Though I doubt that area is destined to be a kiddie land)

On that topic, I still find it hard to believe the green train can’t stop and then restart on the level stretch behind the Festhaus picnic area. From there to Caribou would be as far a run as from Tweedside to Festa.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
new FHP train station (green train can't stop at, so potential bypass track included)
For this to work this would require regrading the track here. It’s an uphill grade (but you can’t tell tbh), and the station. would need to be flat. Bypass track could also double as a storage track if needed. Would also require wiring in new signals into the existing railroad network. Beyond that, I don’t see why they couldn’t make a FHP train station work.

Definitely would need a train stop there, if they were moving the biggest kiddie area to literally the most remote corner of the park. (Though I doubt that area is destined to be a kiddie land)

On that topic, I still find it hard to believe the green train can’t stop and then restart on the level stretch behind the Festhaus picnic area. From there to Caribou would be as far a run as from Tweedside to Festa.
It's not the distance it's the incline that is the issue.

Sesame World built in the boneyard area, new FHP train station (green train can't stop at, so potential bypass track included) and mini-hamlet with a different coaster than DS (DS is dead in this plan), resort built where Sesame Place currently exists.
I can't see Sesame being moved for a couple of reasons.

First is we pretty well know any expansion of it would be aimed at creating a new gate/separate park. Unless they were to run a road back there and install a parking lot for it that wouldn't be possible in that location.

Second I highly doubt that anything located in Sesame requires deep enough foundations to require soil testing.

It's not the distance it's the incline that is the issue.
I am well aware of that, hence my note that it gets actually quite level once you are behind the Festhaus. (Over by the pedestrian crossing, not so much.)

Previous objections to the idea have included that location being allegedly “too close” to Caribou to make sense for a station. But in actual fact there is far more distance between Festhaus and Caribou than many people realize. And it saves an even longer walk between the two spots.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I can't see Sesame being moved for a couple of reasons.

First is we pretty well know any expansion of it would be aimed at creating a new gate/separate park. Unless they were to run a road back there and install a parking lot for it that wouldn't be possible in that location.

Second I highly doubt that anything located in Sesame requires deep enough foundations to require soil testing.

How deep do utilities and whatnot need to be buried to support a new Hamlet? And if the park is unsure about land composition being suitable for building, absolutely they'd want to do testing before further development even if it's not for dynamic/high load structures... Depending on results, it either would verify existing plans or cause the need for revision (and possibly tossing them if it's too costly).

As for the resort placement where Sesame FoF currently is, that'd be perfect - a private resort entrance to the park plus plenty of space for the hotel, pool, parking, and support infrastructure.

The new train station could work straight-up up for the blue and red trains, the main question would be if/how they can build a bypass for the green train so that when all trains are running the green train doesn't stop on the uphill grade. It wouldn't be used as or replace the existing storage track as all that infrastructure already exists and has the road access it needs.

That leaves the new SW gate - you're right, for a separate entrance only for that they'd need to figure out parking and whatnot close to the entrance. I believe they could build a connection off Busch road and either offer a shuttle service of some kind from the main parking lots, or find a way to connect Busch road bypassing the backstage staff parking areas while using the old main parking entrance turnaround (building a parking lot near the boneyard).

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad