Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 22, 2022
I take it that anything we see here could be a package deal with Tampa? With no real insight on the coaster front, it's easy to see this being the case...

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
I take it that anything we see here could be a package deal with Tampa? With no real insight on the coaster front, it's easy to see this being the case...
Unless it's pushed down from the board, Tampa has its own plans. Given the lack of progress on current fronts, Tampa *might* get something in 2024

Apr 17, 2017
I’d love to see a NebulaZ but I don’t think it would be the one to replace Cradle because it wouldn’t fit the space without some reworking of the surroundings. I would see a rectangular ride like the Zamperla Hawk in its place.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Like @cschnizer, I really hope that they find something that can fit on the existing rectangular ride pad from Cradle. The queue and buildings around Cradle were actually quite nice and the raised ride location made Cradle really stand out. I'd be quite disappointed to lose those aspects with a non-rectangular replacement.

Last edited:

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Solid point - I was thinking that a circular or rectangular ride, while may physically fit in the former cradle location, would ruin what little immersion existed as it'd likely add a lot of sightline to the backstage area. Of course, not that that'd stop them from doing it.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Dec 7, 2021
Solid point - I was thinking that a circular or rectangular ride, while may physically fit in the former cradle location, would ruin what little immersion existed as it'd likely add a lot of sightline to the backstage area. Of course, not that that'd stop them from doing it.
Pantheon: “am I a joke to you?”

In all seriousness though, a NebulaZ I think would fit pretty well there. Based on the way it runs, you wouldn’t need those loads gates anymore, so that opens up a bit of space. You could put a gate where that line let people into the load gate lines, and that be the new load point. Some aesthetic changes and you would have a ride that fits very nicely into the da Vinci gardens theme

Reactions: DECoasterGuy
May 1, 2021
That's exactly the location I was thinking of! It's definitely small enough to fit in the spot, and it would be feasible to use the current queue line for the ride, so there wouldn't be much need for lots of construction.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Take a moment to consider that with KD's recent history it's possible that in a month Funland might have the tallest operating drop tower in Virginia.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: madmax

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Depending on what the reality with CF's relationship to get new parts from Intamin vs. using a third party fabricator is, I'd guess KD's tower is sticking around unless something drastic happens.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad